Curb Alert !!!

Hi guys appreciate your opinion on the effort needed to bring this one back to fully functional. I just picked this up for a very modest price, cleaned it up, fired it up, but only the front burner tube is lit, and only a very small flame. The crossmember is broken. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240726_194918.jpg
    20240726_194918.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240728_182632.jpg
    20240728_182632.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240727_075540.jpg
    20240727_075540.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240726_194658.jpg
    20240726_194658.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240726_194908.jpg
    20240726_194908.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi guys appreciate your opinion on the effort needed to bring this one back to fully functional. I just picked this up for a very modest price, cleaned it up, fired it up, but only the front burner tube is lit, and only a very small flame. The crossmember is broken. Thanks!

Burner tubes for sure, maybe a regulator. If you want to spend a few extra bucks grab some stainless flavorizer bars and grates.

Burner tubes for sure, maybe a regulator. If you want to spend a few extra bucks grab some stainless flavorizer bars and grates.
Thanks everyone. I will do burner tubes, bars, grates, ignitor. Was unaware of the regulator but will attempt that too. how to check if the existing one is shot? What year is this model?

Looks like the problem is a busted crossover tube.... was there a big flame at the end of the tube where the 3/8" hole is?
Burners are probably fine --- but unless you can find a crossover tube cheap, just get a new set of burners.
Don't worry about the regulator until you get the burners sorted.
And since your are new --- DON"T try to take the screws out on the end of the burners!!!! They will for sure strip out or snap off..... Drop the manifold and pull them out the side.

Pretty little grill --- I like the maroons! Flavor bars - grates - burners ---- you'll be set for many years.

Ooopps --- looks like the flavor bars are actually pretty good still..... you could wait on those for a couple of years if you wanted.

Welcome and congratulations on scoring this nice grill! A burner set on Amazon is inexpensive and all it looks like you'll need to get started. If the igniter isn't working it would be a good time to replace it while you have the right side opened up. My first Weber Genesis was a two burner that uses the same internals. Don't be surprised when this heats up quickly to 550-600 degrees.:)

Here are a couple good values, not Weber branded but compatible -
7507 burner set, $17.09 https://www.amazon.com/Avenger-7507-Stainless-Replacement-Genesis/dp/B08FTLBR35/
7510 igniter, $8.99 https://www.amazon.com/Home-Igniter-Replacement-Platinum-Side-Control/dp/B07MYCC8C3/

Good luck with your project!

Looks like the problem is a busted crossover tube.... was there a big flame at the end of the tube where the 3/8" hole is?
Burners are probably fine --- but unless you can find a crossover tube cheap, just get a new set of burners.
Don't worry about the regulator until you get the burners sorted.
And since your are new --- DON"T try to take the screws out on the end of the burners!!!! They will for sure strip out or snap off..... Drop the manifold and pull them out the side.

Pretty little grill --- I like the maroons! Flavor bars - grates - burners ---- you'll be set for many years.

Ooopps --- looks like the flavor bars are actually pretty good still..... you could wait on those for a couple of years if you wanted.
Thank you for the comments - they're helpful. The flavorizer bars have surface rust but not through rust, I didn't realize I could reuse them with just cleaning, thank you will do. The crossover tube is broken off at the front burner, and there was no large flame coming out of the end of it, in fact on high there was very little flame coming through the front burner tube at all so definitely new set will be needed.

Appreciate that guidance on removing and replacing the burner set, I'll be careful to follow your tip hopefully it goes smoothly!

Welcome and congratulations on scoring this nice grill! A burner set on Amazon is inexpensive and all it looks like you'll need to get started. If the igniter isn't working it would be a good time to replace it while you have the right side opened up. My first Weber Genesis was a two burner that uses the same internals. Don't be surprised when this heats up quickly to 550-600 degrees.:)

Here are a couple good values, not Weber branded but compatible -
7507 burner set, $17.09 https://www.amazon.com/Avenger-7507-Stainless-Replacement-Genesis/dp/B08FTLBR35/
7510 igniter, $8.99 https://www.amazon.com/Home-Igniter-Replacement-Platinum-Side-Control/dp/B07MYCC8C3/

Good luck with your project!
Thank you very much for these links I will check those out! Is there any concern going with an aftermarket versus the OEM or similar, besides price? Any safety risk? Thank you.

Thank you very much for these links I will check those out! Is there any concern going with an aftermarket versus the OEM or similar, besides price? Any safety risk? Thank you.
One of the benefits of these older grills is a well developed aftermarket. There should be little, if any, performance difference between these and OEM burners and igniters for this model. No difference in safety as well.

If price is not a concern, those model numbers are available from Weber as well.

One of the benefits of these older grills is a well developed aftermarket. There should be little, if any, performance difference between these and OEM burners and igniters for this model. No difference in safety as well.

If price is not a concern, those model numbers are available from Weber as well.
Ok understood, thanks! how about aftermarket grates - what is the consensus for the best option from Amazon for example?

Back