Curb Alert !!!

How do the frames hold up in the desert? While the lids may be rough, I would think it would be a well spent $10, especially on the fat frame.

I lived in various areas of Arizona for 35+ years. It depends: Phoenix it hotter yet has a bit more humidity in some areas, while Tucson is higher elevation (more UV) and more windy, as is Prescott. Besides sun & heat, the other factors are ozone and dust/grit.

If the grill was never garaged or covered then it's likely the paint may be oxidized and chalky or (at least) faded, horizontal surfaces more so than vertical. Rust & corrosion are generally never an issue, except maybe surface rust after years of repeated direct exposure to monsoon season or snow.

What really suffers in Arizona (from Flagstaff to Tucson) are plastics and rubber parts. Those dry out, crack, fade, etc. i.e. Check LP hoses regularly.

Last edited:
Yah, he is clearly hiding bad rust on the floor of the cabinet. Sticking the grill in the middle of the field was probably a conscious decision for that reason. It looks like it has also been sitting outside for its entire life uncovered. It does look lightly used however. But, he will be lucky to get half of what he is asking IMO.

Yah, he is clearly hiding bad rust on the floor of the cabinet. Sticking the grill in the middle of the field was probably a conscious decision for that reason. It looks like it has also been sitting outside for its entire life uncovered. It does look lightly used however. But, he will be lucky to get half of what he is asking IMO.

After looking at the first photo, I think it's in their back yard, 10 feet from their deck...

How people can let such an expensive and nice grill go to such 💩 is beyond me. The condition of the Summits I see in the grill graveyard are just maddening to me.

Someone mentioned in a previous post about not understanding why people arent cleaning up a grill before trying to sell it. Because, thats exactly why they are selling it because they dont want to clean it, they would rather just buy a new one

Someone mentioned in a previous post about not understanding why people arent cleaning up a grill before trying to sell it. Because, thats exactly why they are selling it because they dont want to clean it, they would rather just buy a new one
It's great for me cuz I'll spend a solid half day to a day cleaning it for $600 profit. Nicely cleaned up Summit sells quick in my area and i actually enjoy doing it.

That was me: I was referring to the simple act of sweeping leaves out of a cabinet, or hosing off 1/4" of dust on the exterior before taking a few fuzzy photos. i.e. Just a basic common-sense 'dust-off' before listing any item online, as it would save everyone some time and frustration. For that matter, I've seen grills listed because "it won't light" (igniter broken or dead AA battery).

That was me: I was referring to the simple act of sweeping leaves out of a cabinet, or hosing off 1/4" of dust on the exterior before taking a few fuzzy photos. i.e. Just a basic common-sense 'dust-off' before listing any item online, as it would save everyone some time and frustration. For that matter, I've seen grills listed because "it won't light" (igniter broken or dead AA battery).

Exactly. Rich people problems aahaaa

Back