Cuban Sandwich Crisis

SE Davis

TVWBB Pro
Hardly the threat of world annihilation, but I've been wanting one since my pork butt smoke last weekend. Here goes...
Since I didn't inject the pork with citrus/garlic marinade I needed a reasonable facsimile. Used the last of the PP and mixed in a little of the sauce, then back in the fridge overnight.
0jno.jpg

Easy ingredients- Cuban roll or french bread, yellow mustard, Swiss cheese, pulled pork or roast pork if that's what you have, black forest deli ham, thin sliced dill pickle(Claussen my favorite).
32i2.jpg

Spread mustard on both sides of roll. Layer Swiss cheese, PP, deli ham, and pickles.
lrat.jpg

Might as well get another slice of swiss.
rreh.jpg

Fired up the Performer and cast iron skillet. Getting pretty hot as the oil was about to burn.
sjw8.jpg

Moved to indirect and added the sandwich. Applied the .48 cent grill press from Lowes. Grilled about 4 to 5 minutes, flipped and pressed for another 4 min or so.
swfl.jpg

Your plate with black beans and grilled pineapple. Beverage is my poison of choice. Margarita rocks, no salt. Prolly enough in the sandwich.:) Please forgive me for not wiping the table down. I was waaay to hungry to catch it before you ate. :p Cubans are definitely in my top 5 all time sandwiches.
wi7e.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Scott

Nice looking sandwich! I have had the same craving this week and made a couple caban sandwiches for lunch at work today. I didn't have any garlic/lime so I mixed in some jerk seasoning in the pork. Delightful!

Scott that looks great. I have never made a Cuban sandwich before but I might the next time I make pulled pork.

Back