C'sCCBTT

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
or Cook's Country California Barbecued Tri Tip
watched an episode last week one day and they promoted their new 13 season recipe cookbook on sale.
so i bought it.

cookscountrycookbook.jpg

made their Texas Thick-Cut Smoked Pork Chops friday night, they were ok... the barbecue sauce was delicious!
then i stumbled upon their Tri Tip instructional....
perfect, i have a small 1½ lb tri tip thawing...

tritiprecipefromcookscountry.jpg

...now, i only followed the first paragraph #1. and only until it talked about heavy-duty foil blah blah blah.
i kinda liked the idea of smothering the meat in this garlic/salt oil and lettin'er sit for awhile.
then wiping it off before grilling...
so i did that.

tritip10312020woflash.jpg

nighttime photos in winter suck

tritip10312020Wflash.jpg

grilled until my red Thermapen read 129ºF.
then removed from the Weber 26" OTG to rest.
sliced 9mm to 12mm thin/thick and
served with baby Yukon skillet taters, shrooms & sautéed crookneck squash and zucchini.

tritip10312020.jpg

this was the most flavourful tri tip i can remember making...my bet is the garlic/salt/oil slather has everything to do with it.
I will use this instruction again.
and i'll bet it'll work on Hanger as well. Now, if I can only find some Hanger and grill it as nice as Mildo did yesterday....
Thanks for swingin' by! eet.gif

Sounds and looks great Jim, nice cook.
I have the America's Test kitchen TV show cookbook covering 2001-2018 all 982 pages of it, sucker weighs about 10 pounds. I've made a few things but I find it hard sometimes to wade through the comments of why we did this that and the other thing getting to the recipe itself.

Last edited:
Jim, that definitely looks good enough to eet!!!
Pammi has that same cook book!
She ordered the air fryer one and got that one by mistake!
They told her to keep it and got her the correct one she wanted in a couple days!
She also got a second copy of the air fryer one(by mistake and they told her to keep it too!) and gave it to a coworker of hers.

Back