Crock pot pork shoulder pulled pork recipes?

T Lucas

We were able to get two 10 lb pork shoulders last month at a very good price. We cut each in half - 5 lbs apiece. Looking for your crock pot recipes so we can make pulled pork sandwiches this Sunday. Thanks.

My sister just did this a month ago. one 7 LB she said all she did was used her favorite BBQ seasoning, one can on light beer and a bunch of squirts of lee and Perrins. 6 hours on medium and she said it turned out nice.

Hi, we haven't tried this yet, but it sure sounds good.

Shredded Pork and Slaw Rolls

1 4 to 5 lb. pork shoulder blade roast
3/4 cup cider vinegar
2 TB. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
16 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
coleslaw
BBQ sauce optional

1. Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl combine vinegar, brown sugar, salt and peppers. Pour over meat
2. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Transfer meat to cutting board; reserve cooking juices, cut meat off bones and coarsely chop. In a medium bowl combine meat and as much of the juices as desired to moisten. Spoon meat onto roll bottoms. Top with coleslaw. Add roll tops. If desired, serve with bbq sauce.

Source: Publix

We just put the butt in the crock pot on low with a little moisture water, beer, broth doesn't matter. Cook 6 to 8 hours and pull. Every one can add their sauce of choice. Easy and good.

My brother in law does a pulled pork thing by just browning the pork and dropping it in the crockpot with a bottle of root beer, stupid simple and darned tasty! Finish it off with a little sauce if you want some buns and coleslaw you are ready to go!

My family goes absolutely crazy for my slow cooker Carnitas.

No browning on the front end, so it is super easy.

Instead, before serving, put the carnitas on a sheet pan and crisp under the broiler for a few minutes.

Freezes well, so I make this is huge batches

I sprinkle on SPG and roll it around on my Q3200 to sort of lightly sear it. Then in the crockpot with a can of root beer. Some like Coke or Pepsi and my daughter loves it with Dr Pepper. I add some of the liquid to it after shredding as I like it really moist. Add whatever BBQ sauce you like after that. Plus coleslaw! 😋

Back