Craving Burgers

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
I've been seeing a lot of photos of great looking burger cooks lately, which resulted in me having one of those "gotta have it" cravings for a burger.

The burgers were made with 100% grass-fed ground beef and seasoned with Rufus Teague meat rub. Cooking was done on the old Performer, with Rockwood lump as the fuel along with a foil packet filled with oak pellets for a little bit of smoke.

The burgers were smoke roasted indirect until they reached an internal temperature of 110°F, then seared directly over the coals until medium rare. The toppings included colby jack cheese, caramelized onion, sautéed mushroom, and roasted garlic cloves. The roasted garlic was something new I tried just out of curiosity, and they turned out to be one of my favorite burger toppings.

Great looking cook. As someone who loves garlic, I will have to try roasting them and putting them on burgers. That sounds awesome. Pics are great. Will have to wait until tomorrow though since my wife is making stuffed grape leaves for dinner tonight. The perks of an Armenian wife. Can't figure a way to cook them on a BBQ.

Back