Cowboy Spares

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
lovin' using this Cowboy lump

IMG_1139.JPG

softball size lumps, largest pieces i've ever seen from any bag of any lump charcoal

IMG_1138.JPG

once again, got the 26" OTG fired up...

IMG_1141.JPG

...with yet another rack of STL spares

IMG_1140.JPG

spring has arrived, right? we just haven't located it yet.

IMG_1147.JPG

low & slow cookin' those ribs... they actually took quite awhile

IMG_1153.JPG

added pared yams to the grill

IMG_1155.JPG

when the spares did get done, i sauced them a bit

IMG_1167.JPG

40 or so minutes later, they were sliced and plated with the yams and broccoli

IMG_1169.JPG

peppered with Penzeys Californee pepper...

IMG_1172.JPG

good stuff all around!
Thank you for stoppin' by, enjoy the weekend folks!

Love the action shot of the ribs with steam coming up!!! Plated pic looks delicious Jim.

Looks like a nice day outside the Pigvillion! And an excellent meal always makes a nice day better

Looks awesome mate! That is how lump should look like. If we had that over here i would use it all the time. We have a few brands that is decent,but if i cant get em i use the standard briq´s.

Was thinking spares 4 today..but i have the time against me so it will be drums. Spares tomorrow it is. 2 thumbs up from me&MLI!

Last edited:
Well that put a lump in my throat, and a growl in my belly!
You sure do a bang up job of barbecuing, plating, and taking photos of the plated barbecue!

ps, you're gonna get CA pepper poisoning.:p

Great cooking Jim...love those spares and Yams..I gotta get to work on a warming rack...yep fer sure!

Great post Jim!

Awesome cook again Jim! I tried one bag of Cowboy lump last year and wasn't
too impressed since it was all real small. Of course last year I really was just
starting to get into grilling and smoking too. ;) So I have been using RO lump which is
pretty good. Maybe Cowboy has gotten better so next time I am at Lowe's will pick
up another bag and give it a shot.

Back