cowboy hardwood briquets at Walmart

JimZ

TVWBB Super Fan

Cowboy Hardwood Charcoal Briquets, 20 Pounds Each (Pack of 2)​

(4.6)4.6 stars out of 192 reviews192 reviews
$17.92$17.92/ea

40 pounds for $18 bucks delivered. I grabbed 80 pounds just to try it. Why not? Any opinions on this stuff? Just thought I would let you all know.

it's pretty good, after the initial burnoff. have found some weird pieces in the ash on occasion. the oak flavor is good enough to season some ribs and not need a ton of actual wood chunks to smoke with. they do produce a bunch of ash on total burnthrough, but so does KPro and other briqs.

The pricing you show is good. Costco has blown these out end of season at $9.99 for the 2-20# shrinkwrap pack. I keep some of these on hand to use when I use briqs as heat only for LAS cooks. They're def worth trying and using. I'd buy them again when I run low in the future.

It always amazes me regardless of how many times this price/topic has been mentioned on here before, people are just now discovering it. Nevertheless, better late than never.

I like it better than kingsford now, good value for sure.
Thanks, I'm glad I grabbed some for stock. I grabbed 4 bags of the B&B competition oak blend when they went on sale and those are not bad either. LArge in size and great for the snake method one the 26" kettle.

It always amazes me regardless of how many times this price/topic has been mentioned on here before, people are just now discovering it. Nevertheless, better late than never.
I'm always shopping for a deal on charcoal. I guess the days of cheap charcoal ( twin packs of KBB at the depot for 10 bucks) are long gone.

I'm always shopping for a deal on charcoal. I guess the days of cheap charcoal ( twin packs of KBB at the depot for 10 bucks) are long gone.

Good for BBQ, not so good for Smoking (imho)
I used these last night into today for a 19 hour brisket cook. I'm pretty happy with the size of the briquette and they burned a long time. I loaded an 18" WSM at 5:00 pm and had to reload around 10:00 this morning. By then, the ash had filled most of the bowl beneath the charcoal grate, so I emptied it out and added a little more charcoal. There was a good bit of charcoal left at 12:30 when I pulled the brisket.

These went much longer than Kingsford Pro in my opinion. The temperature ran a little hot for a while last night - I had to close all of the bottom vents to settle it down - and after that I ran with one vent 1/2 open and two closed to stay around 210-225. Good briquettes, good value and Wal Mart delivered them to the house for free. No complaints.

Back