Country Style Rib and Stuffed Pobleno Chiles

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Spent the day smoking some Country Style Ribs. Late afternoon I stuffed the Chile's. Here are the pictures.

This is around 2 1/2 lbs of meat. These "ribs" are the cut up strips from the butt. No bones. Seasoned with. Smoker running at 250 with a large apple chunk.''

DSC_4154 (Large).JPG

The plan was to let these roll for around 4 hours. During that time I worked on some prep on the stuffed peppers. Busted out my Go Anywhere just to get some miles on

it.

DSC_4159 (Large).JPG

DSC_4162 (Large).JPG

Some Roma's got the same routine.

DSC_4166 (Large).JPG

Softened some white onion for the stuffing.

DSC_4168 (Large).JPG

Cored the tomatoes and combined with a large chipotle pepper and a spoonful of the sdobo sauce. Ran through the food processor. Put in a skillet and simmered it to thicken.
DSC_4171 (Large).JPG

At around 4 hrs. I pulled the meat.

DSC_4174 (Large).JPG

Placed in a cast iron skillet on a bed of onions. Brazing liquid was Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce and apple juice. Back on smoker and covered the skillet tightly with aluminum foil. Let it roll a couple more hours.

DSC_4180 (Large).JPG

Got the peppers stuffed with white rice, goat cheese, plumped raisins and the grilled onion. Every time I do this cook I read the cautionary note not to over cook the peppers, you want to try and save the structure. And every time I do this cook, I do exactly that. They're still delicious though, just a little tougher to stuff.

DSC_4182 (Large).JPG

Meat's about done.

DSC_4184 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
You must snack a lot to take all those pics. :cool: I start threads planning to take a lot of photos and then hunger kicks in.

Nice work.

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Back