Correll kinda lunch w/ Wolgast wannabe taters

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Sunday, before our outing to the WisconsinStateFair, i made a little lunch for myself...
kinda like Bob does on occasion.
Liz was at her store until 4 and...well, a guy's gotta eet something, right? Right.
started with small Yukons peeled, quartered then EVOO'd with Rosemary and Malden salt

DSCN1399.JPG

I did say, "WANNABES"...
next i seasoned a decent chuck eye steak with cumin, adobo, penzey's chicago seasoning and fresh ground pepper

DSCN1400.JPG

DSCN1401.JPG

served with a little tomato, Boston lettuce with cucumber and Feta cheese...
the steak was split then placed on a morning freshly baked onion roll topped with more Feta...

DSCN1402.JPG

DSCN1403.JPG

DaggumGood! Cannot WAIT to retire like Bob and make lunches like this EVERYDAY!
Daniel, I am sorry I screwed up these taters, butt i'll try again...

Thanks for visiting
smiley-happy059.gif

oh yeah, the Fair was GREAT!
I did eet a Sheboygan Brat topped with a ton of Onions and German mustard then...
my most very favourite, a pork chop on a stick! (shoulda taken my camera, you'd love it)...
it was a center-cut chop with the bone in (stick) at LEAST one inch thick, grilled to PERFECTION and served in a paper basket.
Tender, Juicy... just AWESOME!
HONESTLY, The BEST chop I've had since.... well... ;)

Those taters are really screwed up...better let me get rid of em for you Jim!!
eat.gif

Come to think of it I will probably charge ya half of one of those sammies for my services!!
1987_food.gif

Taint nothing wrong with them taters Jim! Everything looks delicious and sounds like you had a great time at the fair!

Nice sandwich....I was wondering where you were this weekend...Did you have any chocolate covered bacon....I have not made it to the fair this year I only have a week to get that fixed.
Nice post!

Correll? Wolgast? Lampe? I love those guys! ;) I think this is another tribute to the excellence of this forum -- we really appreciate each others contributions and friendship here. Hey, that does remind me if Bob's lunches. Great job Jim.

My lunches never looked so good Jim!
Nice warm up for brats and pig on a stick!

Well Wolgast must give up his method for those crispy, puffy potato wedges.

And being retired means
you are getting old!

thanks everyone! :D
Bob, getting old is OK, you'll be around for AT LEAST 45 more years OLD MAN ;) ENJOY THEM ALL!
Gary, you're way too kind! That's why i love ya man! :eek:
Kimmy, I was hoping to run into you at the Fair Park... maybe next year!
Mike, I had a GREAT time at the fair and Scott, i did eet all of the steak... i know, i'm a pig
B6x8OKpx8n4.jpg
OinkOink!

Nothing wrong with those taters? :confused:

And the sammie is Pure quality! We have to meet up and share some tips.

The chuck eye sammich and taters look terrific, Jim! I could go for some of that right now.

Back