Cornish game hens on the Weber!

Rom Prakash

TVWBB Member
Marinated these for 24 hours and then threw them on the grill, cooked indirectly (~370 degrees) and then finished over the coals to try and crisp the skin a little. Very tasty. The first time my kids had cornish game hens, and they all are clamoring for more. Easy to make, inexpensive, different and very delicious! Cooked over Royal Oak lump and a small piece of Apple Wood.

Finished product
1526948_10152084538194771_340413857_n.jpg

Here they were on the grill:
1380158_10152084481419771_567895438_n.jpg

They Look GREAT Rom!
What did you marinate them in?

Easy to make, inexpensive, different and very delicious!
not sure about the inexpensive part, they're 5 bucks a piece up here in southeastern Wisconsin...

Those game hens look great!!
They are cheap in so cal also. I have seen packs of 2 for 5 dollars. Or the box of 12 for 24 dollars or so.

Thanks, everyone! They are inexpensive this time of year, I picked up 2 for $5 frozen. I marinaded them in a mixture of:

* Olive Oil
* Lemon Juice
* Ground Cumin
* Ground Coriander
* Red Pepper Flakes
* Onion Powder (normally would have used real onion, but was pressed for time)
* Garlic Powder (normally would have used crushed garlic, but was pressed for time)
* Dried Oregano
* Kosher Salt
* Pepper
* Cayenne Pepper
* Red Chili flakes.

I think that's about it. I use this sort of marinade all the time on poultry, and my family seems to like it!

We'll definitely be doing this again.

Great looking hens, you did good and thanks for sharing the marinade. Local market here just had them for $1.49 each frozen, got four would have bought more but I'm flat out of freezer space.

Back