Cornell Chicken

John, looks like you did a good job of cooking. I did a search. Now I know what Cornell chicken is. Thanks!!

John, looks like you did a good job of cooking. I did a search. Now I know what Cornell chicken is. Thanks!!
Thanks! ...also, if you follow the original recipe the salt will be heavy handed (3 tablespoons). I use about 2-3 teaspoons.

Yes, I saw that. I also saw the 1 egg in the marinade/glaze. Do you feel comfortable using the raw egg?

Yes, I saw that. I also saw the 1 egg in the marinade/glaze. Do you feel comfortable using the raw egg?
The marinade is basically an alleoi so I use fresh eggs. Once the marinade is in contact with the chicken, I'm extremely careful. I only baste the chicken during the first half hour so everything is at a safe temp by the end. I wouldn't consider it a glaze as I don't use it anywhere towards the end of the cook.

In my search, this is the directions to the recipe I chose to copy. Is it like anything you did?

• Step 1
    Place the cider vinegar, oil, egg, salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper in a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth.
  • Step 2
    Pour blended mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken halves, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (up to overnight).
  • Step 3
    Remove chicken halves from bag and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken dry with more paper towels. Reserve marinade mixture.
  • Step 4
    Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
  • Step 5
    Grill chicken, skin-side down, on the preheated grill for 2 minutes. Turn each piece, brush with marinade mixture, and move to indirect heat.
  • Step 6
    Grill, brushing with glaze and turning often, until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
Source: allrecipes.com

In my search, this is the directions to the recipe I chose to copy. Is it like anything you did?

• Step 1
    Place the cider vinegar, oil, egg, salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper in a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth.
  • Step 2
    Pour blended mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken halves, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and. seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (up to overnight).
  • Step 3
    Remove chicken halves from bag and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken dry with more paper towels. Reserve marinade mixture.
  • Step 4
    Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
  • Step 5
    Grill chicken, skin-side down, on the preheated grill for 2 minutes. Turn each piece, brush with marinade mixture, and move to indirect heat.
  • Step 6
    Grill, brushing with glaze and turning often, until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
Source: allrecipes.com
Yes, that's the recipe I use. I think the original calls for 3 tablespoons of salt which is more than my taste, so I use about 3 teaspoons. The egg and oil is prepared like an alleoi and I tend to use a 2nd egg white.

Yes, that's the recipe I use. I think the original calls for 3 tablespoons of salt which is more than my taste, so I use about 3 teaspoons. The egg and oil is prepared like an alleoi and I tend to use a 2nd egg white.
Thanks!!!!

Back