Corn Beef & Cabbage

WOW CHUCK, THANK YOU!!!!!!

I sure would love to try that cabbage!! And of course the meat also!!!

DH says what they are charging here in Boca for Corned Beef is WAY too much.
You have a Publix and a Trader Joe’s. From what I can tell, you’re in the $3 something a pound. If there’s just two of you, 3 LBS should be more than enough

How nice of you to check it out for me!! Publix is $9.95 (I think) a lb. and on sale now for $4.99 a lb.

Really like that cabbage also. We've done ours in the instant pot the last couple of years and really like that, fast and easy. No smoke but that's okay for us.
Will pick up a couple after SP Day for grilling when it warms up.

You’ve all heard my “St. Patrick’s Parish feast story” ad nauseum so, I’ll suffice to say that the old “Cooks illustrated” technique has been the go to for my sister in law for years, the last couple, I’ve not done mine from scratch. I have used the crockpot technique and everyone has been happy, I’m not doing any huge feed this year maybe ten tops. But, I will do two beeves, (sandwiches) six pounds of potatoes, five of carrots, two heads of cabbage, three pounds of Brussels sprouts. Sadly, no Boonzaaijer cake😭IMG_0558.jpeg

Really is cool how he kept on getting better and made a name for himself.
I would say it was a success......I found him by random before I became a member here....he was my go to guy. I made a lot of his recipes or food based on his cooks with my own flares......He really did a good job. He has more bbq's and smokers than cars I will own in my lifetime I think.

How nice of you to check it out for me!! Publix is $9.95 (I think) a lb. and on sale now for $4.99 a lb.
Even at $5 per LBS, it's worth it. I'm most certainly going to do both cooks (crockpot & smoker) but mostly, I'm going to make my cabbage like Malcom did in his video

It's soo nice that soo many will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day Hope that means we are all IRISH!!!!!

Oooohhh I want some of that cake!!!!!

Before Malcom there was Man Cave Meals. He was awesome, but then he signed a contract, took down all his old videos, but has now put them back up. His is a worthy channel to check out

I used to watch him back in 2011 or when he first started out with the Akorn kamado. He's now just Kamado Joe and all it's goofy gimmick accessories...DoughJoe,Joetisserie, Sloroller and a bunch of other single purpose BBQ stuff. Also, his live stream is like watching paint dry...talking about bourbon...I left all his groups. He's sponsored by Atlanta Grill Co. or someone...not sure. Good for him but his content is insufferable now.

Last edited:
Might do the cabbage, I’ve got two beeves, maybe do one his way and crock pot the other. I’ve been doing the crockpot method for several years, cook them the night before, cool, next morning, slice, wrap and, reheat and serve!

I used to watch him back in 2011 or when he first started out with the Akorn kamado. He's now just Kamado Joe and all it's goofy gimmick accessories...DoughJoe,Joetisserie, Sloroller and a bunch of other single purpose BBQ stuff. Also, his live stream is like watching paint dry...talking about bourbon...I left all his groups. He's sponsored by Atlanta Grill Co. or someone...not sure. Good for him but his content is insufferable now.
You maybe right. I just checked the link above and the oldest video only goes back to 2012. Apparently all his videos prior to that are still gone. That's too bad, because all his video prior to his corporate deal were his best stuff.

You maybe right. I just checked the link above and the oldest video only goes back to 2012. Apparently all his videos prior to that are still gone. That's too bad, because all his video prior to his corporate deal were his best stuff.
Agreed. Once he became monetized, it all took a dive. Pushing crap that's BBQ related but nothing I'd ever consider. Plus his live stream sucks. Bourbon with his online buddies. I'm out.
It's great getting paid or getting free stuff for doing something you like...but it takes finesse to get it right. That dude has none.

Last edited:

Back