Cooking ribs today

Larry D.

TVWBB Emerald Member
And I have a sous chef: my grandson. His sister gets to bake cookies and other goodies with Grammie all the time, so today it's his turn to cook something delicious. If all goes well we'll be eating ribs for dinner tonight. Here he's applying Memphis Dust to two racks of St. Louis trimmed ribs. They'll go on the smoker shortly.
IMG_20230722_105532697.jpgIMG_20230722_105432166.jpg

Larry, I hope you are also teaching him that he can make his own spice blend and not have to rely on store bought stuff.
I didn't tell him (yet) but I made the Memphis Dust from the online recipe, and also the Wolfe Rub Bold that went on the pulled pork we shared a few weeks ago (I got the recipe from Larry Wolfe a few years ago when he stopped selling his rubs). Blending rubs and sauces is part of the fun! :D

Very cool, wish I had that opportunity, my grandkids are hundreds of miles away and now in their late teens.

@Rich Dahl Yes. Mine are nearby but only interested in results. At least they like it. It's a little strange the since my 20 yr old likes kitchen cooking. But then his mom has taken gourmet classes...

I didn't tell him (yet) but I made the Memphis Dust from the online recipe, and also the Wolfe Rub Bold that went on the pulled pork we shared a few weeks ago (I got the recipe from Larry Wolfe a few years ago when he stopped selling his rubs). Blending rubs and sauces is part of the fun! :D
Larry, would you mind sharing the Wolfe Rub Bold recipe?

Larry, would you mind sharing the Wolfe Rub Bold recipe?
It isn't mine to share. If I recall correctly, Larry was raising funds for a new handicapped-equipped vehicle and gave all three of his rub recipes to anyone who donated $25 (I think). In any case, you'd need to contact him. This is a very old link:

Back