Considering Genesis Smart Grill. Some questions.

For anyone that cares about my journey. I came across some discussion on Reddit that seems to confirm the 2024 Genesis exclusive models at Ace have some compromises compared to last year in order to come in at a cheaper price point:

1. Smaller right side shelf
2. Smaller single piece warming rack
3. Different cabinet doors

I’ve come across nothing “better” about the 2024 models. I think I’m gonna spend the extra $100 and go with last year’s model.

Let me know if I’m missing anything. Thanks!

Sounds like you have done a great job of researching your purchase. Only thing that I can think of to consider is whether or not they will be putting last year's model on sale soon or not.

Lots of times the Ace stores will deal a bit. You might ask if you can get "Last years, old stock" for the same price as the newer model. Worse that can happen is they say NO.

Here's a good deal on what I first thought to be a last year's Ace Indigo Genesis. Yeah, it has the "lopsided" tables which I agree look odd, but that right table could be put to some good work! This one has the tank scale and nicer doors. Looking closer, the tint I believe is just the lousy picture. This grill is likely black. Still not a bad deal if the inside is OK.

Yah, not a bad looking grill. The lopsided tables done bother me at all. Good deal for someone looking for a cheap but quality grill, but not a good deal for flipping, IMO.

Lopsided tables don’t bother me either. I’d definitely take the extra table space over a symmetrical look! 😁

I am surprised there isn’t more detail made available about changes between last year and this year. Getting rid of that expandable upper rack seems like a pretty noble change for the worse.

I had hoped to make it over to Ace today, but unfortunately got hung up at work. Hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here's a good deal on what I first thought to be a last year's Ace Indigo Genesis. Yeah, it has the "lopsided" tables which I agree look odd, but that right table could be put to some good work! This one has the tank scale and nicer doors. Looking closer, the tint I believe is just the lousy picture. This grill is likely black. Still not a bad deal if the inside is OK.

At least from the outside, that looks to be in pretty good shape and priced right. If I was nearby, I’d probably be tempted to check it out.

Lopsided tables don’t bother me either. I’d definitely take the extra table space over a symmetrical look! 😁

I am surprised there isn’t more detail made available about changes between last year and this year. Getting rid of that expandable upper rack seems like a pretty noble change for the worse.

I had hoped to make it over to Ace today, but unfortunately got hung up at work. Hopefully tomorrow.
I am wondering if some of that configuration was specifically done for Ace. I agree that there are compromises, but you do get the sear burner, nice grates, and a sharp color all for $899. While that is still a lot of money, I think it brings the price down to critical breakpoint that might entice more buyers. The Ace special one is a way better deal to me than the plain Jane one with no sear burner and cast-iron grates. The $100 savings isn't worth what you give up to me.

There are LP 4 Indigo models (and equivalent natural gas versions as well). I am assuming all & 4 were designed specific for Ace. Two have a “new” marked on their listing and two have “Ace exclusive” marked on them. Two 325 models and two 330 models.

From what I can tell, the more expensive of each version has the larger right hand table, expandable top rock, and silver door handles. Not sure if I am missing any other differences. Speculation is that the more expensive versions are last years model.

My plan is to buy the $1,199 version, and try to negotiate price down.

SA-E-330. $1,199. Last years model. Larger right hand table. Expandable top rock. Silver door handles.

SA-E-330. $1,099. This years model. Equal table sizes. Non-expandable top rock.

SA-E-325. $969. Last years model. Larger right hand table. Expandable top rock. Silver door handles.

SA-E-325. $899. This years model. Equal table sizes. Non-expandable top rock.

Attachments

• Free Grill Assembly & Delivery Services at Ace Hardware - Ace Hardware.jpeg.png
    Free Grill Assembly & Delivery Services at Ace Hardware - Ace Hardware.jpeg.png
    220 KB · Views: 4
I liked it the old way. You bought one of 5 Genesis models. Period. A 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Or you moved up to Summit or Vieluxe

I liked it the old way. You bought one of 5 Genesis models. Period. A 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Or you moved up to Summit or Vieluxe
I agree Larry. I think the overabundance of models and confusing names makes things a little crazy for consumers to understand.

I also liked Weber's strategy in the mid 90s to 2005 with "Silver, Gold and Platinum." That was easy to follow.

I think they do that intentionally to confuse people trying to comparison shop.
Weber has different models for the big box stores and different models for dealers. The base model, no stainless parts, is at the big box stores. Weber dealers have models with stainless or upgraded parts and colors.

The grills function the same and have the same btu output. Heat to the meat.

It’s probably good for the consumer to have choices.

It does put the dealers in a tough spot where people want them to price match the big box stores

I recently got an E-435 on a crazy sale from Lowe's since it was last year's model.

1713972542419.png

Had to bring it home in pieces in my SUV because there was no way I wasn't buying it at that price. lol

It came with the cast grates but SS parts below the grates.

1713972614636.png

But, I definitely prefer the SS grates and got my 9mm ones here.

1713972735144.png

I do like the option of the Crafted half griddle but haven't seen if the Crafted grate fits on the left side. I would rather use it there instead of over the sear zone side. But, I have a standalone griddle so haven't dug too deep on that option. But, the thought has crossed my mind to have the Genesis setup as half griddle and half grill full time. Only problem with that is the grease trap situation when using the griddle. At times it's a lot of grease to roll down the inside of the Genesis and into the small catch pan, whereas the standalone griddle has a nice large grease pan and cleaner way to deal with it.

But, this Genesis is a damn afterburner when it needs to be. Got it to almost 700 for my reverse seared tomahawk the other day. As much as I prefer charcoal grilling, this beast actually makes it worth using when I want to. Very, very good grill.

1713973039285.png

1713973057684.png

1713973084902.png

That is a crazy great price for that grill.
I had zero intentions of buying a large Genesis at this time. lol. We are currently building a new house and I'm getting my own cook shack/outdoor kitchen and was still debating on what to do other than my Summit Kamado and the standalone griddle. Thought maybe I would do a large Summit gasser and roll the cost into the home build or something like that. Once I saw this deal I knew I had to get it.

Back