CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! 20,000th MEMBER

I know J, isn't that exciting. I have been watching the member numbers go up for quite a while, waiting for this to happen, and it happens while I was asleep. lol Can't wait to hear from Chris. He must be proud.

Thanks everyone, but the member number is like an odometer that rolls forward when people join and rolls backwards when I prune inactive member accounts. I have not done much pruning since 2012, but I used to do it extensively before that year because I was charged each month, in part, based on the number of members. There's a percentage of people who join but never post, and if they've not visited for a year or more, I used to delete those accounts in order to save money but also to make available their usernames so that new Tom's, Dick's, Harry's, and Joan's could join and use their actual name. As a result, the member number goes down after pruning. I pruned thousands of accounts between 2000 and 2012, so who knows what the real member number would be had I not done that.

Kudos, Chris and Matt, and it's a great time to say thanks, Chris, for your efforts!

I hope you aren't pruning based on the value of what we post. 😁 But I guess that fact that I'm still here means that you don't.

I joined in 2011 and was somewhat active, but went radio silent for a number of years after I sold off my grills and moved into a condo....guess I'm lucky my account wasn't purged!

Thanks everyone, but the member number is like an odometer that rolls forward when people join and rolls backwards when I prune inactive member accounts. I have not done much pruning since 2012, but I used to do it extensively before that year because I was charged each month, in part, based on the number of members. There's a percentage of people who join but never post, and if they've not visited for a year or more, I used to delete those accounts in order to save money but also to make available their usernames so that new Tom's, Dick's, Harry's, and Joan's could join and use their actual name. As a result, the member number goes down after pruning. I pruned thousands of accounts between 2000 and 2012, so who knows what the real member number would be had I not done that.
Chris, I did a search today for that 20,000 member. No results. Maybe it is time to do some more "house cleaning". lol

Last edited:
Murphy's Law has been causing havoc with us the past couple years. I don't think I've fired up the grills in over a year or more. Hoping desperately that things will change for us personally and for everyone in regards to the current situation worldwide. I may not have posted for a while but like others I'm here every day! Thanks Chris for allowing me to stick around!

Back