Congrats to KC!

We weren't wowwed by the halftime show, but that might be bc we're old. This is the only game we watch all year (#notaballer), both teams played well, and it wasn't a blow-out like in some years so there's that. Congrats to both teams for a game well played!

Great game no skin in the game but enjoyed it what can you say about Mahomes and he is only 27. Jalen Hurts played a great game himself setting records in that game. Lots of good young quarterbacks in the league gonna be fun for years. Always the bummer time of year for me no nfl and no college football for awhile. I do enjoy the golf majors though.

Great game no skin in the game but enjoyed it what can you say about Mahomes and he is only 27. Jalen Hurts played a great game himself setting records in that game. Lots of good young quarterbacks in the league gonna be fun for years. Always the bummer time of year for me no nfl and no college football for awhile. I do enjoy the golf majors though.
BBQ season. Wine season. Friends for dinner season. It’s all good. Players report in 5 mos. The deal making begins soon with free agency and the draft. Lots of trash talking between now and then.

What a game! They are definitely getting crazy in KC tonight. Lots of fireworks. Another cool thing is the Champs will be hosting the NFL Draft.

Great game. Eagles fan big time here...whole family is. They played a great first half. Patrick Mahomes and the KC offensive line came out for the second half on fire. They kept the Eagles defense away from Mahomes to do what he excels at and they beat the Birds fair and square. Birds defense wasn't stellar for sure.The holding penalty was a legitimate holding penalty...period...the refs did an excellent job. 38-35...congratulations to KC. Next season is around the corner.

Last edited:
What a great game! Glad to see the Chiefs fight back in the second half and win a second Super Bowl in 4 years. Go Chiefs!

Got to watch the game from my hospital bed, not a lot of fun, but a well played close game. Got a lot of recovery to go, but at least it kept me entertained for a little while.
Might even get back into baseball again seeing I'll be recovering for quite a while. Go Diamondbacks (Good luck with that):unsure:

As a long time Chiefs fan, I am thrilled with the outcome! The Chiefs won a lot of close games this year and I had a feeling they'd come out on top. The Eagles played a great game but as others have said the Eagles' D just didn't hold up in the 2nd half. One of my coaches back in high schools used to say the team that makes the fewest mistakes normally wins, and that J Hurts fumble and Bolton's recovery and resulting touchdown was the difference. Of course, there were many other consequential plays but that one is the biggest in my book.

Good game, terrible field.
$800,000 for that ?
LOL - the lawn youtubers are already talking about that turf problem. I know AZ's had a natural grass field for a long time it's surprising that they don't have artificial turf. It just makes so much more sense to me... especially since AZ's short on water supply

LOL - the lawn youtubers are already talking about that turf problem. I know AZ's had a natural grass field for a long time it's surprising that they don't have artificial turf. It just makes so much more sense to me... especially since AZ's short on water supply
there's a bunch of discussion to move all field to natural turf. it's easier on the players knees and legs, per the NFLPA. personally, i'd prefer all natural fields as it adds an element to the game.

still, the best games are the playoffs. where football is played in some pretty adverse conditions. to me, that makes for a more exciting game. kinda old school. where all variables were in play.

Got to watch the game from my hospital bed, not a lot of fun, but a well played close game. Got a lot of recovery to go, but at least it kept me entertained for a little while.
Might even get back into baseball again seeing I'll be recovering for quite a while. Go Diamondbacks (Good luck with that):unsure:
Rich:
Get well soon! You need to be home close to the furbabies, the grills, and Barb. Nobody gets any rest in hospitals.....

An interesting feature about the stadium in Glendale AZ is that it has both a natural grass and artificial turf playing surface. As far as poor grass fields go, the Chicago Bears have been struggling with that for years as Soldier Field's turf takes quite a beating every year from the concerts and other events held there every year.

there's a bunch of discussion to move all field to natural turf. it's easier on the players knees and legs, per the NFLPA. personally, i'd prefer all natural fields as it adds an element to the game.

still, the best games are the playoffs. where football is played in some pretty adverse conditions. to me, that makes for a more exciting game. kinda old school. where all variables were in play.
I didn't know the players had a preference for natural turf... if that's the case, then I'm in favor. For some reason I thought the artificial turf people had "perfected the artificial surface by adding the rubber pellets but I guess not. I also prefer outdoor games/stadiums. I haven't been to Arrowhead in a long time now but I do like getting to Busch Stadium in St. Louis early just to look at how well manicured the field is... it's a beautiful thing. Fun fact.. I got a behind the scenes tour at the "New Busch Stadium" when they were finishing the project and the turf was being installed... it was pretty cool. I got to sit at Tony Larussa's desk before he did!

I didn't know the players had a preference for natural turf... if that's the case, then I'm in favor. For some reason I thought the artificial turf people had "perfected the artificial surface by adding the rubber pellets but I guess not. I also prefer outdoor games/stadiums. I haven't been to Arrowhead in a long time now but I do like getting to Busch Stadium in St. Louis early just to look at how well manicured the field is... it's a beautiful thing. Fun fact.. I got a behind the scenes tour at the "New Busch Stadium" when they were finishing the project and the turf was being installed... it was pretty cool. I got to sit at Tony Larussa's desk before he did!

There’s been talk of more and increased high ankle sprains due to synthetic turf fields. And other assorted injuries versus grass fields.

Last edited:
We have watched nearly every SB game since the early 70s - it's become a ritual. I think the video coverage was excellent - the cameras were there for every close play with multiple angles. Also, the league has more narrowly defined some rules so, as a result, there has been a lot less controversy over the calls. It's funny, but one of the few complaints about the game that I've seen has been how lousy Rihanna's lip-syncing was.

Our daughter is an avid football fan and went to an SB party hoping to watch the game with her friends. Turns out the people at the party weren't interested in the game so much as there to just drink and socialize. Our daughter is a kid-magnet...children have always just naturally flocked to her...she ended up having to play with the kids and missed a game she really wanted to watch. It was a very entertaining 4+ hours for us, a well-played and close game that held my interest throughout the entire game.

I'll add that there have been years where I have chosen sides but it's more fun for me to be impartial.

Back