Concerned my Weber Crafted Griddle is not seasoning correctly

If you didn’t strip off the old “too much” layer it may flake a bit. But as the others have said, just start using it. I have enjoyed the griddle insert on the Genesis so much, I just leave it in.

Once done cooking, I scrape the flattop and remove the grease and caca. I do a really light wipe with oil then wipe it again with dry paper towel. That’s it. Never any issues.

I have set up several blackstone griddles this last couple of years.
I don’t know about the Weber griddles but the Blackstone ones needed a little sanding and de-burring to smooth out the surface and edges.

My griddle surface came in a little bit rough.
Rough enough where you didn’t want to slide your hand over it quickly , same with the edges.
Not really a big deal but I’m glad I did it.

I have set up several blackstone griddles this last couple of years.
I don’t know about the Weber griddles but the Blackstone ones needed a little sanding and de-burring to smooth out the surface and edges.

My griddle surface came in a little bit rough.
Rough enough where you didn’t want to slide your hand over it quickly , same with the edges.
Not really a big deal but I’m glad I did it.
My insert was quite smooth.

I griddled a pile of onions this morning. Made smash burgers for the first time this evening.

A few stuck just a tiny bit when I went to flip them. Could just have been me flipping too soon. Family ate them right up, although my wife felt they should have been a little “crisper” around the edges. I may not have gotten them flat enough due to using this Lodge to press them which isn’t totally flat. And/or maybe I should have set the temperature to 10 instead of 8 (I did warm the Searwood up to 450 in normal mode first).

All in all, totally pleased for a first try and can’t believe I forgot to take photos. 😮

Got some pork back ribs and chicken wings for tomorrow. 🤤 🤞

Perfect. I am busy late morning and early afternoon, but I will take a half rack for dinner.

Devils lake is a great place to visit. But, it will be busy on Monday.

Yah, sometimes it is interesting to be there when there is soo much going on. Besides, like most of the people there, you go when you can, not always when you would like to. Throw a Q grill in your truck with a cooler of food and have a picnic after the hike.

I griddled a pile of onions this morning. Made smash burgers for the first time this evening.

A few stuck just a tiny bit when I went to flip them. Could just have been me flipping too soon. Family ate them right up, although my wife felt they should have been a little “crisper” around the edges. I may not have gotten them flat enough due to using this Lodge to press them which isn’t totally flat. And/or maybe I should have set the temperature to 10 instead of 8 (I did warm the Searwood up to 450 in normal mode first).

All in all, totally pleased for a first try and can’t believe I forgot to take photos. 😮

Got some pork back ribs and chicken wings for tomorrow. 🤤 🤞
Yeah you need a good, large, strong spatula to smash the burgers. I got this for making burgers

Mercer Culinary Praxis Rosewood... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E3Q9CXC?tag=tvwb-20

I got these two for all my other griddling.

Mercer Culinary Rosewood Handle... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E3Q8Y5O?tag=tvwb-20

Mercer Culinary Praxis Rosewood... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E3Q94J4?tag=tvwb-20

Back