Coffee rubbed pork?

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
I'm considering one of these recipes.

1) What's better, the pork roast one or the pork chop one?
2) Is it possible to smoke it, or is that a bad idea? I guess I'm asking more for the 2nd one, since the first one is a slow cooker recipe, so I don't think that translates well to smoking.

Hi Arun, good to hear from you.
Both recipes sound very good. But you know that my method is always FOLLOW THE RECIPE THE FIRST TIME. You want to know what it is suppose to taste like. Then, if you want to have it again, you will have a better idea of how any changes you want to make, will work out. Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know what you do. ok?

At my house I would have to try the pork chop version. No other coffee drinkers here.
Maybe one day this week.........

I'm considering one of these recipes.

1) What's better, the pork roast one or the pork chop one?
2) Is it possible to smoke it, or is that a bad idea? I guess I'm asking more for the 2nd one, since the first one is a slow cooker recipe, so I don't think that translates well to smoking.

For the 2nd recipe, what's the best way to get a small amount of ground coffee beans? I only need a few tablespoons of ground coffee. Are there certain grocery stores that can provide fresh ground beans?

This website tells which stores has grinders, but most of the stores require you to purchase beans from that store.

Since I only want to purchase a few beans, I don't think that's feasible. I don't want a whole bag of beans.

If you see that boy Jack and his cow, ask him where he scores a few beans

But seriously, many grocers sell by the lb, you can likely buy a dime bag’s worth

Here’s Whole Foods bulk coffee:
1663128814177.jpeg

I'd hit up a local coffee shop in the afternoon.

Mention you don't drink coffee, yet want to try a recipe that needs a small amount. Bring a zip lock. Buy a pastrie, maybe an iced tea, and toss a tip in the jar.

Last edited:
It hit up a local coffee shop in the afternoon.

Mention you don't drink coffee, yet want to try a recipe that needs a small amount. Bring a zip lock. Buy a pastrie, maybe an iced tea, and toss a tip in the jar.
If they say no...

Buy a pound of whole bean French roast.

Go home. Buy a top rated burr grinder, a technivorm moccamaster and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

but, a small jar will save him a lot of trouble and he will have some left for next time.
But Joan, it WILL not work the same! Think about it. I like the go to a coffee house and ask for 1/8 cup of beans (maybe fifteen?) and but a couple of pastries, he’s in San Francisc, the land of coffee beans second only to Seattle. They are not interchangeable ingredients it’s rather like using garlic or garlic juice.

Last edited:
I'd hit up a local coffee shop in the afternoon.

Common sense prevails! How easy was that?
Nice one DanHoo. Arun, get a grip please.

Last edited:
Am I reading this right? A member who is literally in the middle of a major metropolis cannot find anywhere to grind a few coffee beans?

I didn't say I couldn't find anywhere to grind the coffee beans. I was asking for suggestions as to what the easiest way to do it was. I saw there were a few options, so I wanted to ask what people thought was easier. Since others might have gotten ground beans before, and I hadn't.

Back