Coffee Beans what's in your grinder ???

My favorite coffee that Costco sells is the Kona blend that is usually only available around Christmas time. It usually doesn't last very long.

Found a bag of Stumptown "Holler Mtn" at the local grocer that was both recently roasted, and not outrageously expensive (compared to the list price.) First double shot was very tasty, need to dial in my grind a touch, but should be a good few days of tasty brew!

R

YT just through a new coffee maker up at me. Nice but for the money I will take my $20 Mr. Coffee and spend the 5 minutes to stir the grinds.
A lot of wizardry in one machine there. $365 up front for a September delivery though...not sure about that. Also, the marketing line that: "Meet the machine changing the narrative that automatic drip coffee is synonymous with “bad” coffee." ...is a fabricated narrative.
Looks cool for sure but the hipster vibe turned my jeans skinny just from watching that video.

Anyone try Mt. Comfort coffee that is sold at Costco. Whole bean 2 pound bags. Really good stuff IMO.

YT just through a new coffee maker up at me. Nice but for the money I will take my $20 Mr. Coffee and spend the 5 minutes to stir the grinds.
The level of control over the variables of brewing is really impressive. The decision to buy for me would be driven completely in how it is as a batch brewer. For single cup I already have many options that don’t appear to be much more effort than the Aiden. I would also wait a bit to hear stories about initial quality. To control all those brewing variables there is a lot of stuff going on inside that box. Fellow has been pretty innovative, and I am unaware of anything at this price point targeted at the home that offers as much. I would imagine many reviews popping up by the coffee pros over the next couple months. Will be anxious to hear their thoughts

Anyone try Mt. Comfort coffee that is sold at Costco. Whole bean 2 pound bags. Really good stuff IMO.
I see it there. But really wonder about it. The stock does not seem to "move". As far as that Aiden much of the features in it, I already have in my Breville Precision Brew. It has the same PID controlled coiled SS heater, uses a pump to regulate flow and you can fine tune it for a very slow brew, to very fast, temps are adjustable from 185 (IIRC) all the way up to 210 and I've checked them. They're spot on. But, it too is an expensive brewer. A good brewer costs a few $$$. I lived through the $20 Mr Coffee as well. And way back when I was trying the start stop, stir thing. Was it "better"? Yeah, WAY better than the brew it would turn out without doing it. But, was it like what I get every AM out of my Breville? Not even close. Heck not even close to my OXO Brew 9 Cup. Which to this day still is the best cup o' joe with the least amount of "input" I've ever used. I just don't use it because it's a royal PIA to clean. It it wasn't such a PIA to clean it would be on my counter

With all this talk about coffee I'm surprised no one is buying green beans and roasting at home. Was on a trip several years and met a gentlemen from California who was a home roaster. After a couple pf hours talking to him I was hooked before the trip was over. As soon as I got home I bought a roaster and several pounds of coffee from various countries. My favorite after five years and literally hundreds of pounds of coffee is La Magnolia Tres Rios from Costa Rica. I've roasted beans from Mexico, Brazil, Yemen, Viet Nam, Dominican Republic and Ethiopia to name a few. If your smoking meats and grilling why not try your hand a coffee roasting?

With all this talk about coffee I'm surprised no one is buying green beans and roasting at home. Was on a trip several years and met a gentlemen from California who was a home roaster. After a couple pf hours talking to him I was hooked before the trip was over. As soon as I got home I bought a roaster and several pounds of coffee from various countries. My favorite after five years and literally hundreds of pounds of coffee is La Magnolia Tres Rios from Costa Rica. I've roasted beans from Mexico, Brazil, Yemen, Viet Nam, Dominican Republic and Ethiopia to name a few. If your smoking meats and grilling why not try your hand a coffee roasting?
For me it is cost and convenience. If raw beans were available at the supermarket I could be temped. Where do you get them, how much, and how are you roasting them. In fact, if you want to start a separate thread explaining and showing pictures, I would love to learn from your experience as I am sure others here would also.

Yeah, first off costs and inconvenience. Secondly the smell. Yukko. When I drive my grandson to school I have to pass by the roasting house for our local Fire Dept Coffee here in Rockford https://www.firedeptcoffee.com/ The stench that comes out of that place is awful. I would absolutely hate to smell that in or around my home. Yet their coffee is outstanding stuff.

Well this is not in my store but I can order it on their website. Maybe I will order a bag. From your photos it looks about as dark as the House Blend in the green/white bags. Have you tried it in a drip maker yet? Whatever I buy has to be able to do "double duty" :D

Well this is not in my store but I can order it on their website. Maybe I will order a bag. From your photos it looks about as dark as the House Blend in the green/white bags. Have you tried it in a drip maker yet? Whatever I buy has to be able to do "double duty" :D
Drip maker is all I have at the moment....Until my Moka pot comes

Back