Clothes washing machines - any reccos of new machines and manufacturer experiences?

J, I understand what you are saying they should but many don't. Samsung and GE most models have a one year warranty you can of course buy an extended plan. Speed Queen does not really change much in their washers at this point I am sick of buying washers 2 in 15 years. I am 70 so if its the last one I buy fine with me I really at this point don't see any revolutionary improvements in washing machines coming down the road anyway could be wrong of course.

I certainly would not buy a Samsung and hopefully if anyone has these models they are aware of the recall.

Hmm, I thought there was at least some price overlap between Bosch and Miele.
The Bosch is only 2.2 cubic feet also as the Miele is I believe. They really are built for the overseas mkt where all appliances are smaller than the US market because the basic kitchen overseas is smaller the refigerators are smaller and I suspect the stoves are smaller.

This was the knock on Bosch Dishwashers many years ago the outside dimensions fit a standard dishwasher cutout but the insides were smaller, I can remember and this was many years ago looking at a Bosch Dishwasher at Lowes and actually had a salesperson who knew his stuff the first thing he pointed out was the Bosch did not have the capacity almost every other dishwasher had. My sister in-law who had 6 kids found out the hard way her salesperson neglected to point that out and of course compared to what she was used to she was pissed loved the dishwasher but she never would have bought it if she had been educated on the capacity.

You should look at Miele washers too, they're nice and expensive too.
This is what I just bought. It's just the two of us and I've got a built-in stacked washer/dryer space in the laundry room with no vent, so this or Bosch were obvious choices. The LG version had some weird cleaning steps in the owners manual that required pulling the unit out from the wall...not likely to happen. The Bosch has a supposed "self-cleaning condenser" and I have my doubts about how effective that can possibly be. I'm hoping for the best with these new units and I'm going to be fastidious about lint removal.

The Bosch is only 2.2 cubic feet also as the Miele is I believe. They really are built for the overseas mkt where all appliances are smaller than the US market because the basic kitchen overseas is smaller the refigerators are smaller and I suspect the stoves are smaller.

This was the knock on Bosch Dishwashers many years ago the outside dimensions fit a standard dishwasher cutout but the insides were smaller, I can remember and this was many years ago looking at a Bosch Dishwasher at Lowes and actually had a salesperson who knew his stuff the first thing he pointed out was the Bosch did not have the capacity almost every other dishwasher had. My sister in-law who had 6 kids found out the hard way her salesperson neglected to point that out and of course compared to what she was used to she was pissed loved the dishwasher but she never would have bought it if she had been educated on the capacity.

for anyone following along.

as of this post, i am leaning towards LG, GE and Maytag atm. either 4.5 or 5 cu ft of space. electric dryer and with pedestals.

I should throw this out there since we're talking washing clothes... Along with the washer and dryer I also have a spinner. This is a centrifuge, more or less, that spins at a high rate of speed and removes a lot more water from the clothes than the washer can. This allows the dryer to dry faster and overall saves on electricity. Or you can hang the clothes after spinning and they will dry a lot faster that way too. These spinners are common in Asia and I guess in Germany (from what I was told). They are a bit quirky in that you need to learn how to load them so they run smoothly (basically balance and compress the clothes into the drum).

I've had two so far (first one lasted a number of years, maybe 8 or 10 and rusted out). The second one (reportedly stainless steel) has lost a motor mount twice (screw backed out and it fell apart). I had to cut into the bottom of the unit to put the screws back in. But it ran a good 5 or 6 years without trouble and it still does the job fine today. I got both used on Craig's list.

My LG washer is a 2016 model I think and it spent 2 years in storage and still runs great my dryer is new as the movers trashed it.
LG is solid low vibration, large capacity, I can wash our King size comforter with ease, and the dryer dries fast it is a gas model. I have not had a repair on my washer either.

My LG washer is a 2016 model I think and it spent 2 years in storage and still runs great my dryer is new as the movers trashed it.
LG is solid low vibration, large capacity, I can wash our King size comforter with ease, and the dryer dries fast it is a gas model. I have not had a repair on my washer either.
4.5 or 5 cu ft?

4.5 or 5 cu ft?

Brett,
Here is some photos of my set, as always working to pay the rent....as stated earlier the units are a few years apart so the door trim is different, that is about it.

Attachments

• 20240130_122226.jpg
    20240130_122226.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240130_122236.jpg
    20240130_122236.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240130_122242.jpg
    20240130_122242.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240130_122304.jpg
    20240130_122304.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10
Our Amana gave up the ghost after 20 years with me and three girls; we replaced it with a Maytag Commercial #MVWP575GW- came with a five year parts and labor warranty. We've had it for 3 or 4 years now- no issues, other than I had to buy a pair of water hammer arrestors- for some reason we didn't need them with the old Amana. It is a little smaller than we're used to (3.7 cu ft), but not really a problem with just the two of us now. I think there were some issues with Speed Queen machines when we were looking, that's why we went with the Maytag.

Back