Cleaned up the Lodge Sportsman Grill

Very nice! These things can be a #@**! To clean up if you let them go...

I can say with conviction we’ve cooked close to 100 meals on ours. I can see yours is a little newer than ours with the guard rails. Man overboard is always a concern :mad:;):ROFLMAO:

Looks great! I like mine too. Do yourself a favor and try some Pok Pok Thaan briquettes. Really the best briquettes you can use in it. Spends but well worth it.

Do yourself a favor and try some Pok Pok Thaan briquettes. Really the best briquettes you can use in it.

We’ll definitely give them a shot. Always wanted to invest in some binchotan, but never made the leap. Do you snuff them like binchotan? Or just let them burn out?

Last edited:
It's funny, I fired up my Go Anywhere Grill a few days ago and it made me think about my Lodge Sportsman. It's way beyond time follow your lead. I'm sure it can use it.

Spent a long time looking for a used one (found it's much easier to get the green light from Barb vs. a new one) to me there kind of like a hibachi on steroids. But no such luck.

Spent a long time looking for a used one (found it's much easier to get the green light from Barb vs. a new one) to me there kind of like a hibachi on steroids. But no such luck.
You can find a nice deal on them at Walmart. I’ve seen them marked down to $45 from around $90 from time to time. I had a gift card from Dicks and wanted to get something that would last a long time. It’s awesome with a cast iron griddle on it too.

Ahh, just go for new if you can’t find one used, maybe this’ll help (you’re welcome):

View attachment 12961
One thing I failed to mention is with the fire restrictions every year now banning charcoal use from usually June through August / mid September I won' t be buying anymore charcoal grills. Still have my performer, but sold the WSM and all the other charcoal grills.
With the camp chef and the gassers we are happy with those.

One thing I failed to mention is with the fire restrictions every year now banning charcoal use from usually June through August / mid September I won' t be buying anymore charcoal grills. Still have my performer, but sold the WSM and all the other charcoal grills.
With the camp chef and the gassers we are happy with those.

That actually physically hurt me to read. Not being able to use charcoal would really make me sad. Sorry to hear that. Seriously.

That actually physically hurt me to read. Not being able to use charcoal would really make me sad. Sorry to hear that. Seriously.
I wasn't happy about it either, but having two kettles and a WSM that didn't get used for over two years it just made sense to adjust and move on.

Back