CL WSM 22.5....score

Jeff Holmes

TVWBB Super Fan
CL WSM 22.5 score, cleanup.. Growing family!

Ok, I'm proud ...I just landed a WSM 22.5 off of Clist for $100! I don't know whether I'm just happy or boasting. This thing is huge!

Please help me with my sickness .... Shoot that's like asking the town drunk to be my sponsor.... ;)

Last edited:
congrats - alas there aren't enough of them over here to be that cheap ... they go for £250+ ($350/400) used

Ha! I've gotta clean it up, it's nasty! It was too dark for pics... Cold and rainy too , so I just unloaded it and ran in the house. Either I didn't know what I was doing or the lid didn't fit the body quite right . Like I said, it was cold, rainy and dark so I didn't take much time with it..

Ha! I've gotta clean it up, it's nasty! It was too dark for pics... Cold and rainy too , so I just unloaded it and ran in the house. Either I didn't know what I was doing or the lid didn't fit the body quite right . Like I said, it was cold, rainy and dark so I didn't take much time with it..

Lid doesn't fit right? Bear hug time ;) Best of luck to you with your new toy :wsm:

Yep, barrel probably out of round. Measure it several times across the top and find the spot that is wider, pick it up and give it a gentle bear hug (wear an old shirt if it is dirty). Measure it again. When good, flip it and do the same on the bottom.

Congrats on your steal...

Wow, this thing was nasty! I did a really quick cleaning, just enough to be usable and so I didn't feel like I'm eating someone else's crude- it is different you know....

I wish someone didn't put aluminum tape around the door. I burned it out tonight but I had to leave. I thought it might b easier to peal off.

Take apart to start cleaning..

The crude build up was an inch deep in the water tray. Is this normal?

This is unreal!

Cleaning the grates in the 670 blast furnace..they cleaned up nicely...

I had to leave so I didn't get an after shot and now it's dark. It cleaned up nicely but I could have done more to it.

Jeff;
Congratulations on a great find! It always makes me shake my head in near despair when I see how some Weber equipment is mistreated. The good part, is that Weber's are pretty dern durable and most clean up just fine. It just takes some elbow grease and time.

I have the two smaller WSM's plus my Mini-Joe Gold and they are ALL fine pieces of equipment.

Now, we want pictures of your first, second, .... smokes. We can hardly wait! Don't forget to do chicken "Hot and Fast" either (my favorite way to do chicken).

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Ok, I'm proud ...I just landed a WSM 22.5 off of Clist for $100! I don't know whether I'm just happy or boasting. This thing is huge!

Please help me with my sickness .... Shoot that's like asking the town drunk to be my sponsor.... ;)

Wow Jeff! Congrats! That's a steal, even in the condition you found her in! I love my WSM 22.5! It burns a little more fuel than the smaller ones but it's nice to have to room when you need it.

Columbus. I check often and I just happened to see it after it was listed.

BTW, everyone, my butt pretty much came out like I expected but the brisket, all but the tip was garbage. For my first smoke on it I should have done it while I could watch it. By morning my fire was out and the cooker was cold. I underestimated how long the coals would last. The cooker was cold when I got up (gasp!). Lesson learned...

Columbus. I check often and I just happened to see it after it was listed.

BTW, everyone, my butt pretty much came out like I expected but the brisket, all but the tip was garbage. For my first smoke on it I should have done it while I could watch it. By morning my fire was out and the cooker was cold. I underestimated how long the coals would last. The cooker was cold when I got up (gasp!). Lesson learned...

Jeff that is why we smoke and BBQ to learn mistakes happen as long as we learn. Congrats on the WSM I have the 18.5 and love it but i have Friends that are in the market for a good 22.5.
Kevin

good for you and I'm pouting because I cant come across such deals.

Back