CL Score!

Lee Ingraham

TVWBB Fan
Managed to pick up a Pre-2014 18.5" WSM, two bags of KBB and some apple wood chunks for $150 over the weekend. Guy was offloading his WSM because he went to a Traeger. He had purchased a new charcoal ring and grate to replace the old one, it looks like the insides are going to need some cleaning up (quite a bit of creosote and some mold), and the grates are going to need to be replaced, but otherwise it looks to be in good shape! I'll try to get some before/after pics up as I clean it up and replace some parts like the hardware.

So I've replaced the majority of the hardware with button head stainless. One area I'm having trouble with is the lower bolts holding on the legs and holding up the charcoal grate. The majority of the nuts have rusted off, but there's enough there to provide clamping force. What's left seems to have welded to the bolt. My first thought is to take a cutting wheel to it but I don't want to damage the porcelain finish. Has anyone had experience with this?

I Made a CL pick up also a 6 year old 18.5 WSM in great shape very clean ,and the bottom grate had never been used almost new top. The temp probe plug had melted and was capped off with a washer and bolt. Cover was in good shape for another year or so all original paperwork. Going test run it here this week. 150 was a fair deal to me.

Back