Cl find, Genesis silver B

how about now.

20170608_185658_zpsrwrsxres.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Those are my other two cookers, the performer and my UDS. The really good thing is I only paid $75 for the grill, two full tanks and a cover. I think that was a really good score. The guy I bought it off of said it was his in laws grill and it was only used a couple of times, sure looks like it to me.

The real bonus was the Jarts, now I just got to keep them away from my kids. This grill has the quick disconnect fittings for the tanks, are those still in use or do I have to upgrade to the newer style?

This weekend is going to be grill cleaning day.... not that that grill needs much of a cleaning but I will pretty it up some.

Great deal. Looks like the flavo bars are in great shape...big plus there. Same with the burners.
But that set of Jarts is probably worth almost as much as what you paid for the grill. Since they are banned and haven't been made for years, they have become a huge collector item.

I have a Redhead that I plan to start work on next. But the flavo bars are toast and I may need other parts as well. I know I lost one of the control knobs in transit.

Yup, just some burnt on gunk and the slightest bit of surface rust on the bars, I'll get them, the grills and everything else cleaned up this weekend. I'm telling you this grill is just about brand new.

You bought it looking that good?! Did the owner ever use it? It looks amazing and then for $75?! With JARTS?! Seriously you need to be debriefed by a priest! LOL :)

I see others getting deals, or should I say steals like this and I shake my head saying to myself why can't I that ever be me....... well I guess I lucked out this time

The quick release tanks are a no go for refiling, they do not have an OPD in them (overfilling prevention device) so they are illegal to refill.
You will have to get a new regulator the has the correct fitting for an OPD style tank or an adaptor that will fit your quick release regulator if one is available.
With the regulator being at least more than 15 years old I would just get a new one with correct fitting.

Tazz: keep hitting craigslist. You will find them. I have three Genesis and two spirit grills in my garage right now. Never paid more than $50 for any of them. Two were free. Of course, they all need work, some more than others. But if you get a free one, even if you replace the burners, flavo bars and grill grates, you are only looking at about a $125 or so. With a little cleaning and repainting, you can have a $500 grill

I must admit I cannot stop thinking about the Jarts. What a score! Really, really well done.

I must admit I cannot stop thinking about the Jarts. What a score! Really, really well done.
That is too funny! We used to have a JARTS game it was great fun. Funny none of us were dumb enough to come up with a JART in our heads either

Funny thing about Jarts. THose that were dumb enough to catch Jarts with their foreheads are no longer around to admit it. But, yah, I don't think we ever owned a set, but I can remember playing with them when I was a kid and we didn't even have parents around to supervise.

Back