Cl find, Genesis silver B

We used to play chicken with them, ya know throw them straight up...... Ah the good Ole days. I must say none of us ever got hurt either.

LOL, we used to do that with bows and arrows. Until we stuck three of them in the roof of my buddies house. Pops was not at all happy with that. Then we just moved to an open field and kept doing it. His dad was more ****ed about the roof...couldn't care a less what we were actually doing as long as it didn't involve arrows sticking out of his roof. I think my parents probably would have at least told us to stop doing it altogether.

Dammit, I keep seeing those beautiful SS grates and flavorizer bars. I really hate cooking on porcelain. All my skillets in the house are old wagner's cast iron, I won't use Teflon either. I guess I gotta save some money.

See........ I do have the bug. Well anyways now that the wife has seen it she likes it, now she says she'll cook on it, she won't use the performer but if she only has to turn a knob and push a button that's more her speed.

Maybe I'll get cast iron grates and the SS flavorizer bars, nothing better than seasoned cast iron, anyone have thoughts about the cast vs SS.

I use both and notice no difference in overall performance. Assuming you're talking about QUALITY stuff not the skinny little rods Weber is using now with enough space to drop a steak between. Talkin' 'bout honest 3/8" (9MM) rods with tight spacing the way Weber USED to build them. It's more the mass of the material than the material itself that matters here. Good SS has the added advantage of being indestructible

Yeah I'm talking about rcplanebuyer's stuff, if you know how to take care of cast it should last a lifetime also

I'm anal about my cast iron skillets, I guess that's why I can cook eggs sunny side up and have them slide right out

So after my first use of the grill last night, cooked a dozen chicken legs and the grill worked wonderfully, I noticed that all three knobs were sluggish so today I I took them apart, cleaned and lubed. Good thing I'm a mechanic by trade, have everything here for the job.

If you're a mechanic, you will have absolutely no problems maintaining that grill!

I just try my hardest NOT to use mechanics, but if something needs welding I'm forced to go see a guy like you.

In any event, compared to a car, a gas grill is an extremely simple machine. Yours is in good hands!

Thanks..... On the other hand, I'm tired of spending time fixing stuff, 53 years old and 3 back operations with two being fusions..... I need a break.

Yeah I'm talking about rcplanebuyer's stuff, if you know how to take care of cast it should last a lifetime also

Cast iron skillets don't equate to raw cast iron on a grill. I have the raw CI on my Wolf and it's a pia to maintain and no matter how much I season and maintain them they are crumbling faster than I can keep up. I even remove them and take them in the house if I know rain is coming or during the winter. I'd give anything to have good stainless grates for it. But I do not have the $500 it would take to buy them

If you're a mechanic, you will have absolutely no problems maintaining that grill!

I just try my hardest NOT to use mechanics, but if something needs welding I'm forced to go see a guy like you.

In any event, compared to a car, a gas grill is an extremely simple machine. Yours is in good hands!

Just because someone is a mechanic does not mean they can weld LOL. I spent many years twisting wrenches and I never could master the fine art of welding either with arc or gas. I have not tried the newer wire weld type machines but I am sure I'd make a mess of that too

My kid is a welder and he used to work welding stainless in a factory that builds stainless semi trailers for carrying milk and other food products. I would think that he could fab something up for me. Problem is, he now lives 1300 miles away and probably doesn't have access now to the equipment necessary to weld stainless.

I can weld , have a small Lincoln mig and a set of torches in the garage, I don't do ss though as I'm setup for it and no real practical experience with it nor do I weld aluminum, unless you do it all the time and have the proper equipment .......

Cast iron skillets don't equate to raw cast iron on a grill. I have the raw CI on my Wolf and it's a pia to maintain and no matter how much I season and maintain them they are crumbling faster than I can keep up. I even remove them and take them in the house if I know rain is coming or during the winter. I'd give anything to have good stainless grates for it. But I do not have the $500 it would take to buy them

so when I get a few bucks I'll spring for the SS, I'm just happy I got the grill.

Funny thing today, I'm looking at craigslist and out boston way I'm seeing free webers posted, if I wasn't so far away I'd make a killing.

Tazz, not sure how far away you are, but try to schedule three or four pickups in one afternoon and go get them. If you have to combine two or three to get one complete grill, you have something you could probably resell for $200 or more. A lot of times, those "free" grills are nothing more than one that has a burned out burner, or the cooking grates are all gunked up and people don't want to mess with finding new parts. Sometimes, it is just an ingniter that won't work. But, sometimes, there is a legit reason they are "FREE".

too far , boston is over an hour from me plus my truck is sitting with the engine out of it. just waiting for my back to feel better to start the heavy work again. Hasn't even been a year since my last fusion.....heck it feels like I'm in retirement mode but unfortunately another 15yrs or so till I can think of that.

Ahhh, yah, maybe when you have to make a trip to town, take a run through the CL adds and maybe you can score one or two while combining the trip with other business.
Just get someone to help you load them.....that is after you get the truck back on line.
One thing I have figured out about these grills.....BE PATIENT!!! There will always be another one and if you are really patient, you can find them for free or next to free.

Back