Chuck steak yeah!

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Did some Chuck steaks 🥩...bought from two different stores. A “Chuck Eye” and a “Chuck Steak”.5795367F-4393-4EE2-93A3-0D6D3F427A2B.jpeg
Rubbed the big guy with a prime rib rub and the little guys with garlic salt for my kids.
312B89AD-7993-4FCA-AA52-D06F1E4E1739.jpeg
Did the usual reverse sear with some cherry 🍒 wood. E3D90C8B-FB29-4054-ADBC-AD1368DCC8BD.jpegGrilled some asparagus and whipped up a salad. Have a great leftover salad for tomorrow! Cheers!

Looks just Great! What is it about grilling beef that simply asks for asparagus?
Those Chucks look great. Did you do those slow? If not aren't they tough? It's asparagus season. Lots of them at decent prices. We also grilled some last night with a small heritage pasture raised chicken from TJ's. Those 20210418_175351.jpg

Love Chuck Eyes when I can find them. Now if only I could find a place in MI that sells Tri Tip.....
Every now and then I’ve found (tri tip) them at D&W but, it’s rare. My neighborhood Harding’s has chucks fairly regularly, I’m just not overly impressed with them, I’ll try again but, past attempts...meh. I’d rather go more all in and spin smoke one then finish with a braise. Or maybe slice depending on how it “feels” I did one spun and sliced for some serious carnivores (my cabinetmaker buddy and crew) and that was pretty darned good!
Maybe I need to go see my local butcher for some tri tips!
First, I need to do some freezer diving before looking for anything else! And now...freezing temperatures with snow possible! Sheesh! Back to the 70’s next week. Well, 70 degrees anyway. My hair won’t be coming back like it was way back when! Youth is wasted on the young!

Back