Chuck Roast cut into Chuck Eye and Denver steaks

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Been wanting to try this for some time now.
Started with a 2 pounder.
IMGP1171.JPG

Portion on right saved for stew.
IMGP1172.JPG

Bacon wrapped chuck eye.
IMGP1177.JPG

The Denver was marinated in Stubb's Beef for a few hours, then dried, and in the fridge to dry even more.
IMGP1178.JPG

Weber's Steak & Chop on the eye.
IMGP1182.JPG

IMGP1190.JPG

The Denver went from a rectangle to a plump square.
IMGP1193.JPG

IMGP1196.JPG

IMGP1199.JPG

I gave Jo the best part of the chuck eye, my portion was very good, but had a some tissue issues.
The Denver was flavorful, but not super tender unless sliced thin.
We both liked them just fine, perhaps a better specimen will be even better.

If any of you try this, please let us know how it turns out.
Here is the link to where I found the cutting method:
http://askabutcher.proboards.com/thread/802

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this, Bob! I will definitely take a look at chuck roasts when they go on sale. Unfortunately, chuck eyes steaks are now $8.99 a lb. here.:(

Your steaks and photos look fantastic!!

Butcher Bob ;)
Are you made ​​a mistake or was it your intention? Photo Gallery is a line under Grilling :)
Nice image guide my friend. I am here unfortunately dependent on finaly cuts of beef in stores. Nothing less, very interesting story and nice pictures bro.

Thanks Ed and Mildo.
I was hoping others would try this, and the posts in PG are way down the line in a day or two.
Plus, no plated pic, so I would have been beaten with a pork belly until I cried Bacon!

Looks Tasty Bob! Do you think that the Denver would have been more tender if you had cut the thickness in half?

Thanks Ed and Mildo.
I was hoping others would try this, and the posts in PG are way down the line in a day or two.
Plus, no plated pic, so I would have been beaten with a pork belly until I cried Bacon!
That's my buddy Bob, always thinking ahead of the fast ball :D
i just happen to be at my local Butcher today and checked out their Chuck roasts...
unfortunately, I did not find one as spectacular as Bob did...
But, when I do, you all will be the first to hear about it:)

Way to go Bob!

Thanks Bob for posting this I had no idea that the chuck eyes were where they are. We always have good sales on chuck roast here for about $1.99 lb. Will try this for sure and post the results.

Looks really tasty! The Denver cooked indirect @ snail temps might be a homerun. Great post buddy!

Rich, the right ones can be hard to find, trust me.

What should I be looking for? I always see Jim posting Chuck eye's, but nobody around here knows what I am talking about. I think I will give this a try on Monday. My opion and maybe some pics will be posted.

Rich, the right ones can be hard to find, trust me.
CR's around here on sale are about $5 lb.!

Bob, I suspect you're right because we never see chuck eyes unless there is a big chuck roast sale of a cooler full of them maybe 40 or 50 and then maybe only 4 or 5 two packs of chuck eyes show up.

Back