Chuck Roast cut into Chuck Eye and Denver steaks

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Been wanting to try this for some time now.
Started with a 2 pounder.
IMGP1171.JPG

Portion on right saved for stew.
IMGP1172.JPG

Bacon wrapped chuck eye.
IMGP1177.JPG

The Denver was marinated in Stubb's Beef for a few hours, then dried, and in the fridge to dry even more.
IMGP1178.JPG

Weber's Steak & Chop on the eye.
IMGP1182.JPG

IMGP1190.JPG

The Denver went from a rectangle to a plump square.
IMGP1193.JPG

IMGP1196.JPG

IMGP1199.JPG

I gave Jo the best part of the chuck eye, my portion was very good, but had a some tissue issues.
The Denver was flavorful, but not super tender unless sliced thin.
We both liked them just fine, perhaps a better specimen will be even better.

If any of you try this, please let us know how it turns out.
Here is the link to where I found the cutting method:
http://askabutcher.proboards.com/thread/802

Ed M.

TVWBB Guru
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this, Bob! I will definitely take a look at chuck roasts when they go on sale. Unfortunately, chuck eyes steaks are now $8.99 a lb. here.:(

Your steaks and photos look fantastic!!

Mildo

TVWBB Guru
Butcher Bob ;)
Are you made ​​a mistake or was it your intention? Photo Gallery is a line under Grilling :)
Nice image guide my friend. I am here unfortunately dependent on finaly cuts of beef in stores. Nothing less, very interesting story and nice pictures bro.

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Thanks Ed and Mildo.
I was hoping others would try this, and the posts in PG are way down the line in a day or two.
Plus, no plated pic, so I would have been beaten with a pork belly until I cried Bacon!

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Looks Tasty Bob! Do you think that the Denver would have been more tender if you had cut the thickness in half?

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Thanks Ed and Mildo.
I was hoping others would try this, and the posts in PG are way down the line in a day or two.
Plus, no plated pic, so I would have been beaten with a pork belly until I cried Bacon!
That's my buddy Bob, always thinking ahead of the fast ball :D
i just happen to be at my local Butcher today and checked out their Chuck roasts...
unfortunately, I did not find one as spectacular as Bob did...
But, when I do, you all will be the first to hear about it:)

Way to go Bob!

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Thanks Bob for posting this I had no idea that the chuck eyes were where they are. We always have good sales on chuck roast here for about $1.99 lb. Will try this for sure and post the results.

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Looks really tasty! The Denver cooked indirect @ snail temps might be a homerun. Great post buddy!

Ryan P.K.

TVWBB Pro
Rich, the right ones can be hard to find, trust me.

What should I be looking for? I always see Jim posting Chuck eye's, but nobody around here knows what I am talking about. I think I will give this a try on Monday. My opion and maybe some pics will be posted.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Rich, the right ones can be hard to find, trust me.
CR's around here on sale are about $5 lb.!

Bob, I suspect you're right because we never see chuck eyes unless there is a big chuck roast sale of a cooler full of them maybe 40 or 50 and then maybe only 4 or 5 two packs of chuck eyes show up.