Chops on the Genesis

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So brined some center cut pork chops all day and got the other ingredients all ready, some fresh green beans, one of my favorites Rutabaga and my left over fresh cut pineapple.

DSC_0584_zpsf5ffc89b.jpg

Everything ready, rutabaga dressed with EVOO, Kosher and Herbs de Provence, beans with EVOO, Kosher, Garlic powder and fresh ground and chops seasoned with Weber Kickin Chicken. Pineapple glazed with a mix of Pineapple Habanero sauce, EVOO and some ground cinnamon.

DSC_0585_zpsd5d1929f.jpg

Everything getting jiggy with the chops on the Grill Grates beans in a basket and rutabaga in the CI

DSC_0586_zpsef7237cd.jpg

Pineapple on last and todays refreshment

DSC_0587_zps3731b1c8.jpg

Done and heading in

DSC_0588_zps7d5ecf99.jpg

On the table

DSC_0589_zpsf797f521.jpg

Your plate, enjoy

DSC_0590_zps303c5257.jpg

Ha! Like you said, great minds think alike. Love your cook! I like the added touch of the pineapple! Good job!

Dear Bill,

That looks excellent! I've never done anything with rutabaga besides cook it in vegetable beef soup, thanks for the new idea.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

For you guys going to use the Rutabaga just a tip from my experience. If I am going to use them for a dish like this I Nuke them for about six minutes and then let them cool. Then I season them and then do them in a CI or roast. The root vegetables like this need to be cooked longer and if you nuke them first they come out with the consistency of a baked potato but with more flavor and a heck of a lot more vitamins etc.

I use them all the time, turnip and rutabaga, especially the rutabaga if cooked with a savory spice profile in soups or roasted or even fried like here is fabulous. And the leftovers with some eggs in the morning makes my day

Back