Chimney Rib-Eyes. HOT & FAST!!

TonyUK

TVWBB Guru
Hi Folks.

Decided to do Rib-Eye’s Hot ‘n’ Fast on the chimney griller for dinner tonight.

Set Up. Weber Chimney & the Unknown BBQ Chimney Griller.
j09yk7.jpg

Rib-Eye’s marinaded in homemade bbq sauce & chilles.
f28si.jpg

Getting HOT! (1/3 full chimney).
jq3vi9.jpg

sz7keu.jpg

2 minutes either side……done!
33mxted.jpg

2mxlieb.jpg

Nice day for grilling.
287nmhd.jpg

Your plate. Rib-Eye/Black Pudding/Fried Rice/Salad. Enjoy. :)
dzi611.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. :)

That steak looks incredible Tony. I'm planning on doing something similar over my vortex soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

I just noticed the ash catcher on your grill, it looks to be aftermarket.

Oh, bye the way, I'm going to have to borrow your classic line, "Go hot or go home."

……….I just noticed the ash catcher on your grill, it looks to be aftermarket.

Pat. It's a SJG, came without ash cather. I found the SJG couldn't maintain hot temps very well, so I drilled 3 x 1" holes in the bottom of the bowl for better airflow. Temp issue solved. Doing that I needed an ash catcher. Drilled a hole in an old enamelled zinc side plate & screwed it onto the legs with a wing-nut. Works well.

Brilliance! Gotta love cooking over a jet engine afterburner. Great char on the exterior, nice rosy pink exterior...can't get much better than that. Nice touch with the black pudding as a side dish (I've only had one opportunity to try it, but I enjoyed eating it).

Looks great Tony, impressive cook. Got your PM and will be posting the results today. It's an out of the box off the charts completely different k-bob cook.

Just ordered one of those bad boys after seeing your results. Your post just made Unknown BBQ some money.

Back