Chile Lime Shrimp Tacos

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
CostCo had some monster wild jumbo shrimp, so my wife picked up a package (I think these were U12, so they were big!) It was too hot to do anything in the kitchen, so I decided to grill the shrimp, make some tortillas and have some tacos. The shrimp got marinated for about 90 minutes in olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, tequila, brown sugar, guajillo powder, ancho powder, garlic and cumin (I eyeballed the proportions.) For the tortillas, I have a bag of the "instant" masa, just add water. The shrimp got skewered up and grilled quickly, direct on the Q200, and the tortillas were cooked on my Blackstone. The star of the taco was the avocado crema (recipe HERE....i added a large handful of cilantro.) Ok, enough blabbering, pics..... (not that many today):

IMG_6868.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

IMG_6870.jpeg

The cocktail was an Old Fashioned with Lost Republic Rye, and (for you bread makers out there), the croutons in the salad were from the end of a loaf that had hardened up a bit after about six days..... :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Rich

Last edited:
Great looking cook Rich! I like that crema recipe. I think someone was cherry picking your croutons. I only see one, well possibly two. Nice way to use up the old bread. My wife's been doing slices of the older bread buttered with garlic salt and dried minced garlic under the broiler.

Last edited:
Looks good. Perfect for a hot summer evening.

Those instant-mix tortillas are pretty tasty, but I have been hooked lately on the Tortilla Land brand that come raw from the refrigerated section. Toss them on the grill for about a minute per side, and they are great. The flavor is not quite as good as the mix, but it's so convenient.

Looks good. Perfect for a hot summer evening.

Those instant-mix tortillas are pretty tasty, but I have been hooked lately on the Tortilla Land brand that come raw from the refrigerated section. Toss them on the grill for about a minute per side, and they are great. The flavor is not quite as good as the mix, but it's so convenient.
I haven't seen those in any of our markets here, Chris......I'm usually more of a flour tortilla guy, but I'm still working on my recipe for homemade versions of those. I don't mind playing with dough, and we have a nice tortilla press, so it's fun to mess with. :)

Great looking cook Rich! I like that crema recipe. I think someone was cherry picking your croutons. I only see one, well possibly two. Nice way to use up the old bread. My wife's been doing slices of the older bread buttered with garlic salt and dried minced garlic in the broiler.
Good eye, Cliff, and, indeed, someone (kid #3) was poaching croutons from the salad bowl! ;) I like the buttered/seasoned idea, I may try that out. I usually just make croutons or bread crumbs when the end of a loaf becomes unappealing for toast or sandwiches.

R

Back