Chickie chick and veggies

Chuck Bench

TVWBB Fan
Went to our local Ace Hardware and bought me some new toys today...was in there the other day to get another charcoal grate for my WSM and realized they had a pretty big Weber grill and accessory inventory...I realized they had a bunch of stuff on my wish list on Weber's site and that it was less than Weber's online prices...

So, I picked up a little rotisserie for my Genesis E-310 and also picked up a rib/roast rack and a vegetable basket and a Weber light to go on the handle of my Genesis...everything seems to be really nice quality...the vegetable basket could be smoother on the edges...it's pretty sharp

Got the chicken all trimmed, tied and season with some of Weber's Garlic and Herb marinade...I didn't add anything to the marinade, I just used it like a rub...once that was on the chicken, I used some of Myron's rub...we usually use Myron's rub on chicken we put in our Ronco countertop rotisserie

Put everything together and the chicken is on the spit at 350 degrees...it's been there for an hour...just checked the chicken and it was at 130...

20140609_163416_zpsnjcogw3f.jpg

20140609_173143_zpsjqyhfdhv.jpg

20140609_172534_zpsei8soovb.jpg

20140609_172504_zpsxhssgvzo.jpg

20140609_172741_zpsktssga2i.jpg

Thanks Cliff...

figured we'd have some veggies and potato wedges with the chicken....no room on the gasser, so I fired up the Jumbo Joe and put the the veggies in the new Weber basket I got and put the potato wedges right on the SS grate...

The chicken was wonderful...the veggies and wedges were outstanding...al dente' and very flavorful and smoky from being over the charcoal...

20140609_191907_zpsi6jcy14z.jpg

20140609_185228_zps7talgokw.jpg

20140609_192423_zpsar0qjkrp.jpg

20140609_193030_zpsvyqgjwcp.jpg

20140609_194037_zpsv6erww9y.jpg

20140609_195825_zpsk8st1o0x.jpg

Chuck, I used the Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning on my wings===great stuff. Will have to try the marinade next.
Off topic, I am a amateur radio operator and talk to one of your neighbors in Dalzell. Do you know Mike Craven? Great guy.

Ben

Chuck, I used the Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning on my wings===great stuff. Will have to try the marinade next.
Off topic, I am a amateur radio operator and talk to one of your neighbors in Dalzell. Do you know Mike Craven? Great guy.

Ben

Don't know him, but I have been toying with getting into some HAM stuff...When I bought the house we live in, there was a huge tower out back with a 40 meter antenna at the top of it...seems the previous owner was a hammie...

Nice looking meal Mr Bench.

Thank you

Love when the whole dinner is cooked on a weber.

It was wonderful

Excellent looking chicken dinner!!!!

Thank you

Nice cook on a nice grill. Is Myron"s recipe on the forum some place?

Not that I know of...I got his recipes out of his smoking book.

Nice complete cook!! Great usage of your grills!!

Thank you

Very nice cooking Chuck!

Thanks

A Great Looking Cook & Dinner Johnny!

You must be over 50...no disrespect, I respect my elders lol, but only people over 50 even really remember Johnny Bench...

Nice! I could go for some of that!

Thanks, it was delicious

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jim Lampe A Great Looking Cook & Dinner Johnny!
You must be over 50...no disrespect, I respect my elders lol, but only people over 50 even really remember Johnny Bench...
Chuck, met Johnny twice.... i'm sure you're as nice!

Back