Chicken Pot BBQ and Garlic Knots

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Found a recipe for some Garlic knots and had to give it a try. Rolled out some pizza dough and cut it into strips. Then stretched the strips out a bit and tied them in a knot and placed them on the grill.
IMG_0656.jpg

Pulled them off after about 20 minutes.
IMG_0657.jpg

Tossed them in a large bowl of garlic, butter, oregano, Slap ya Mama, and some Parmesean Cheese. Great stuff!!
IMG_0659.jpg

Then a Family favorite, Chicken Pot BBQ
IMG_0662.jpg

Some California Blend Veggies with some extra cauliflower on the Wok.
IMG_0663.jpg

Plated pic, Chicken over some rice with a side of veggies
IMG_0664.jpg

It always blows my mind when you guys bake on the grill. (Don Cash does this quite a bit as well). The garlic-knots look better than any I've ever seen at a pizza joint. What's with the Chicken Pot BBQ? Looks amazing. Please elaborate.

That plated picture is priceless John! I still want to try your thirty clove garlic chicken sometime.

John -

Fantastic cook all around! Gotta work on my kettle baking skills, which are non-existent to this point.

Thanks for sharing this John.

I have played with the chicken pot bbq a few times. It is good and simple to start with, but the vinegar flavor overpowered my kids. I cut 1/4 cup soy and most of the vinegar (added enough to flavor). I substituted an Asian cooking wine, and added chicken broth to adequately cover. After the chick is cooked and pulled from the pot, I thickened up the liquid with corn starch. As the liquid thickens up I added a frozen vegetable medley. Serve over rice. Nice thing is you can do this over the stove for simple, and tasty, weeknight meal. It is one of the kid favorites now.

gary

Back