Chicken Pot Barbecue -- Thanks John!

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I saw earlier that John Solak did BBQ Pit Boys' Chicken Pot Barbecue recipe for lunch. I had some chicken thighs planned for supper so it was a perfect fit for us tonight. Thanks for the fantastic idea John!

I fired up a large chimney of lump and put the chicken thighs on for an indirect slow simmer in my O'Brien and O'Brien iron pot for about 20 minutes. I remove the chicken and seared both sides then returned the chicken to the pot to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.

We also fried some bacon pieces to render the fat in the small Lodge iron pot, sautéed an onion and some garlic in the bacon fat, and stirred in some canned grean beans to keep the chicken pot company.

Per the Pit Boys, we served the bird over a bed of rice and dished out some sauce over the meal. All I can say is -- Wow! What a simple dish so full of flavor!

One of the best things in life is sometimes just slowing down and doing a simple cook, getting nothing out of it but pure enjoyment! That cook looks like no exception...and delicious, too!

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

Very nice Dwain, love the addition of the green beans too!! This is a very simple and flavorful cook, It could be done on the stove top too

Back