Chicken fajitas with a lager

What’s you charcoal set up there? High grate baskets on the sides?
JD in CBs on the upper deck in a circle layout at the center of the gourmet center rack.

Quick sear up front and then moved to indirect for 35 minutes on high (400°F). Then a second quick sear before pulling them for rest.

Very juicy, flavorful and tender. Excellent fajitas.

And the beer was a 10/10. Superb flavor.

Jumping on the Paulaner train still............nice....quality import.....
A lot of the imports are selling the rights to bottle in North America now and the can size has changed and the quality has decreased.
Must save a ton on shipping over seas......?
Brewed in Europe 500ml ( 50cl ) in most cases.....when you see a European brand beer brewed over here the cans move to a 473ml.....not sure what that is in ounces but its about 1 less ounce of beer. 17oz vs 16oz I think...........
I use to love Grolsch, but that changed late last year and it is terrible now. Their website would claim the beer has been made from the same water source for over 400 years or something like that.......well when you give the brew rights up to brew in another country things change.
As silly as it may sound to you people who do not brew you own beer...........the water source is the most important thing when comes down to quality of the beer. I brew with a buddy....he sends his water out for mineral testing fairly often.

Oh yeah, the grub looks good too.....;)

JD in CBs on the upper deck in a circle layout at the center of the gourmet center rack.

Quick sear up front and then moved to indirect for 35 minutes on high (400°F). Then a second quick sear before pulling them for rest.

Very juicy, flavorful and tender. Excellent fajitas.

And the beer was a 10/10. Superb flavor.
Thanks, I will try this soon.

Jumping on the Paulaner train still............nice....quality import.....
A lot of the imports are selling the rights to bottle in North America now and the can size has changed and the quality has decreased.
Must save a ton on shipping over seas......?
Brewed in Europe 500ml ( 50cl ) in most cases.....when you see a European brand beer brewed over here the cans move to a 473ml.....not sure what that is in ounces but its about 1 less ounce of beer. 17oz vs 16oz I think...........
I use to love Grolsch, but that changed late last year and it is terrible now. Their website would claim the beer has been made from the same water source for over 400 years or something like that.......well when you give the brew rights up to brew in another country things change.
As silly as it may sound to you people who do not brew you own beer...........the water source is the most important thing when comes down to quality of the beer. I brew with a buddy....he sends his water out for mineral testing fairly often.

Oh yeah, the grub looks good too.....;)
Had a $10 off beer coupon for Total Wine so I bought a bunch of the Paulaner family home. All are excellent examples of high quality beer production. These are among my top 5 beers to keep in the adult fridge.

And the can size is perfect. One is great for thirst quenching, a small buzz, and I don’t have to drink 2 with a meal.

Last edited:
Had a $10 odd beer coupon for Total Wine so I bought a bunch of the Paulaner family home. All are excellent examples of high quality beer production. These are among my top 5 beers to keep in the adult fridge.

And the can size is perfect. One is great for thirst quenching, a small buzz, and I don’t have to drink 2 with a meal.

I am a big fan of 5 warm up beers before my actual beer........and I have to do something while the grill is going.

Brett, you did outstanding on those Fajitas. Yummy for sure.
Thanks. The topping was white onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño and some Roma tomatoes deseeded and quartered.

Flash sautéed in Avo oil with some. Utter, SPG. Nice heated through, I let them sit in the sauté pan and then serve them.

Crunchy with texture but just enough heat to break the rawness of the ingredients.

Had a $10 off beer coupon for Total Wine so I bought a bunch of the Paulaner family home. All are excellent examples of high quality beer production. These are among my top 5 beers to keep in the adult fridge.

They have their own brew pub style restaurants in Germany. I've eaten in several of them. Excellent...their beer goes without saying.

Back