Chicken Dinner

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
My wife wanted Chicken for dinner tonight. My Son was at work and arrived just in time to carve the bird. I did a 5.8 lb. Chicken from Publix. spatchcocked it and dry brined for 4 hours. Only 4 hours because that's all the warning she gave me. I fired up the EX6 to 400° F and put a butter and Italian Seasoning slather all over and under the breast skin. The Smokefire ran a little above what I wanted on the top grate so I adjusted set to get me closer to 400. After an hour an 20 minutes the meat temp alarm sounded, I probed for correct temp in breast and thighs and pulled it off the grill. It sat under a foil tent for 20 minutes and it was time to carve. The bird was moist and delicious. My daughter loves my birds off the Smokefire. Sides were halved and baked Potatoes, Broccoli, and Sara's Watergate Salad. The EX6 behaved and just keeps on chugging after 39 months.
9-29-23 5.8 lb. Chicken 1.JPG9-29-23 5.8 lb. Chicken 2.JPG

My wife wanted Chicken for dinner tonight. My Son was at work and arrived just in time to carve the bird. I did a 5.8 lb. Chicken from Publix. spatchcocked it and dry brined for 4 hours. Only 4 hours because that's all the warning she gave me. I fired up the EX6 to 400° F and put a butter and Italian Seasoning slather all over and under the breast skin. The Smokefire ran a little above what I wanted on the top grate so I adjusted set to get me closer to 400. After an hour an 20 minutes the meat temp alarm sounded, I probed for correct temp in breast and thighs and pulled it off the grill. It sat under a foil tent for 20 minutes and it was time to carve. The bird was moist and delicious. My daughter loves my birds off the Smokefire. Sides were halved and baked Potatoes, Broccoli, and Sara's Watergate Salad. The EX6 behaved and just keeps on chugging after 39 months

Looking good Lew, as we've come to expect.

My wife wanted Chicken for dinner tonight. My Son was at work and arrived just in time to carve the bird. I did a 5.8 lb. Chicken from Publix. spatchcocked it and dry brined for 4 hours. Only 4 hours because that's all the warning she gave me. I fired up the EX6 to 400° F and put a butter and Italian Seasoning slather all over and under the breast skin. The Smokefire ran a little above what I wanted on the top grate so I adjusted set to get me closer to 400. After an hour an 20 minutes the meat temp alarm sounded, I probed for correct temp in breast and thighs and pulled it off the grill. It sat under a foil tent for 20 minutes and it was time to carve. The bird was moist and delicious. My daughter loves my birds off the Smokefire. Sides were halved and baked Potatoes, Broccoli, and Sara's Watergate Salad. The EX6 behaved and just keeps on chugging after 39 months.
View attachment 79885View attachment 79886
You've inspired me, Lew!

Dinner tonight. Hope it's half as good as yours looks.

Back