Chicken Chili Verde.

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
and ham experiment. Made some Salsa Verde yesterday and made some chili with it today.

Sauteed some onions and seared some chicken.
P1010441.jpg

Added about 2 cups of salsa verde and a cup of chicken broth.
P1010442.jpg

My helpers for the evening.

P1010445.jpg

P1010443.jpg

Picked up a cheap ham, crosshatched it and slathered it with mustard and brown sugar. When I put the ham on the grill I also added a chunk of red oak.
P1010446.jpg

Chili Verde done. Took a wooden spoon and shredded the chicken and served over some wild rice. I should of planned to make burritos out of it. Maybe tomorrow with the leftovers
P1010447.jpg

P1010448.jpg

Was some excellent stuff.

Hams done. I have no idea what the internal temp was, it was a fully cooked ham and it looked done so I pulled it. Gonna let it cool and slice it sliver thin for sammies tomorrow.
P1010450.jpg

Awesome, report back on that ham, I am curious how much grilling it like that enhanced the flavor. The Chile Verde looks great. Love the dogs too!

well, i think your avatar is very cool
icon_cool.gif

AND, your photography is top-notch AND i'll wanna be there when you "slice it sliver thin for sammies tomorrow"!
HoleyMoley John, now I'm hungry!

Ham all sliced up. I tasted a sliced piece and saved a chunk for some ham and eggs this morning. Excellent. Think I'm gonna start smoking and slicing my own lunch meat from now on.
P1010451.jpg

Back