Chicken halves with ‘Gus, grilled tomatoes and vermicelli rice

Note, new center GBS grate. Weber warranty replacement as a weld failed on the original center grate. This was it’s inaugural cook.

Awesome looking good homie meal there Brett.
We are still dealing with sub 32 degree weather.......up here.....windy, snowy.
Still q'ing but it's not the same as sitting on the deck creating great meals like yours.

Awesome looking good homie meal there Brett.
We are still dealing with sub 32 degree weather.......up here.....windy, snowy.
Still q'ing but it's not the same as sitting on the deck creating great meals like yours.
We’re back to shorts and sun. Thankfully. And all the plants and birds are doing their spring thing.

As always, your cook is exceptional. However that Chicken.....Looks even more exceptionally good
The rub crusted up nicely. Lots of flavor. Juicy and moist. That Bare brand bird is my favorite, by far. Best tasting and eating chicken. Better than the Costco air chilled organic ones,imo. But those are my backup birds when needed.

More good looking chicken, Brett! Grilled chicken halves are a winner every time, and so many ways to do them!

R

Brett, as always outstanding. :love: it all.
thanks! wife said the 'gus was best ever. indirect to cook them then a gentle roll across the direct heat for a few minutes for some char.

the tomatoes were Costco on-the-vine tomatoes. very sweet and flavorful when cooked. these were unseasoned.

i think i could eat this meal 3x a day if need be. it's one of my favorite meals to cook. they way that the cooked tomato just melts into the rice when cut, the asparagus and the flavor on that chicken.

an we washed it down with a bottle of Sobon Barbera. life is good!

We’re back to shorts and sun. Thankfully. And all the plants and birds are doing their spring thing.
Oh I didn't say I wasn't wearing shorts.........I q'ued in those last weekend.....and Monday even. It's a cold spell now for a few days with the weather looking to improve here right shortly. Won't get the back deck back into shape for another 4 weeks or so unfortunately.

thanks! wife said the 'gus was best ever. indirect to cook them then a gentle roll across the direct heat for a few minutes for some char.

the tomatoes were Costco on-the-vine tomatoes. very sweet and flavorful when cooked. these were unseasoned.

i think i could eat this meal 3x a day if need be. it's one of my favorite meals to cook. they way that the cooked tomato just melts into the rice when cut, the asparagus and the flavor on that chicken.

an we washed it down with a bottle of Sobon Barbera. life is good!
This was an awesome looking cook! It's been too long since I've done chicken halves. Gotta add that to my list of things to do this spring.

Back