Chicago Italian Beef Sandwiches

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Beef rump roast seasoned with some 21 Salute no salt seasoning from Trader Joes and cooked to an internal of 120*F. The bacon went into some Mac and Cheese.
IMG_0716.jpg

Roast sliced real thin on a meat slicer.
IMG_0724.jpg

Some of the slices in some gravy.
IMG_0728.jpg

My sandwich with some hot giadiniera with a side of mac and blue cheese with bacon. Both were really good!!
IMG_0725.jpg

As a life long Chicagoan I can say that you nailed it! You can even try dipping the whole sandwich in the gravy to have your beef "wet"? Nice job John, that beef looks perfect!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Hey what did you do to make the gravy?

Brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanna know that aswell! Looks great John!

I didn't measure anything so add to your taste

Beef stock, oregano, basil, thyme, 2 bay leaves, red pepper flakes, and Worcestershire sauce to a simmer then added a carrot and a stalk of celery. After 30 minutes I removed the carrot, celery and bay leaves and added some thinly sliced onion and cooked for another 5 minutes. Then added some of the roast beef and waited another 15 minutes before I put the beef on the sandwiches. I kept added water also as the pot simmered down.

Back