Cherry Smoked Bacon

I have not been posting for a long time but that doesn't mean I wasn't looking in on everyone. Had some personal issues and health issues I had to deal with.

So I'll just do an easy one picture post. Smoked this 5lb Belly with Cherry Wood since I live in the Cherry Capital of the world.

I have to say it came out perfect.

DSCN0747.jpg

I am going to have to try that. Looks great. Hope all is well now. I am new here but am sure you were missed.

All the best wishes for you, Mr. Michigan

If you are as healty as your piece of bacon, then there are no problems what so ever! A wonderful piece of meat!

The health issue was Mold poisoning. Thought I was gonna die. My house was 16 times the limit for human habitation Went to the doctor 4 times in a month and everything he was giving me was killing me. The list of ailments is long but I am getting better. I had a come to Jesus party with myself on the worst day and realized that if I get throught this I am going to love life and take better care of myself so other thanthis Bacon posting I might have more veggies. I love you guys keep it uo

Mold poisoning? I'm so uneducated ...
Well, it's that we have google.
I believe that there will be a way out.
Your bacon image is certainly the evidence.
BTW: I look forward to veggies in your traditionally exclusive execution.
I'm with you Bill, my friend.

Last edited:
Beautiful bacon my friend.
Bill, I don't know if you slice off that skin after smoking, but if you do, drop it into the next pot of soup you make. You'll be glad you did.

Welcome back Bill!!! Sorry to hear of your health issues but glad you are on the mend!!! Bacon looksgood too by the way!

Beautiful bacon my friend.
Bill, I don't know if you slice off that skin after smoking, but if you do, drop it into the next pot of soup you make. You'll be glad you did.

Gary my butcher always asks rind or no rind? I always tell him to leave it on. I do cut it off for those who don't care for it, but I like it on there.:)

Bill,
You have been missed, I'm happy to see you back, and glad you are doing better!
Bet some fresh MI asparagus will be on your veggie list, it's on mine! :)

That is one fine looking slab of bacon!

Back