Charcoal pricing in Canada

CraigJ

I have read a few threads on charcoal pricing but they seem to all be for pricing and best places to buy in the good old USA. I'm not sure how many Canucks are out there but what sort of pricing and what are the best stores for but charcoal in Canada?

Welcome Craig, for charcoal in Alberta try Home Depot, Home Hardware, Canadian tire or if you have one Lowes, you will not find any big sales in Canada and the price will be about the same at each store.

I got some KB at Home Depot at a clearout for $5 a bag. Usually get R.O. at Crappy tire for around $6.

I usually get Royal Oak lump for $15-$17 dollars for a large bag at Lowes and Canadian Tire is about the same. Once in a blue moon there will be a sale. If you have a good BBQ store near you and some extra space at home they may order you a pallet for a good price. A place near me was willing to sell me a pallet of Wicked Good lump for $17/bag and it's normally $24.

During the spring and summer I buy "Natures Own" from Costco for $12.60 a bag which I think was around 16lbs., otherwise R/O at Lowes, or Canadian Tire.

I usually get my Royal Oak at Wally World or RONA. Seems to run in about the $8-12 range and fluctuates over the season. Canadian Tire does sell it as well and usually keeps stock during the winter, where I have found the others don't.

Back