Charcoal is on sale...

Jay Nelson

UPDATED 4/7/16 - Home Depot has the two pack of kingsford on sale for $9.88. Thats about 50% off! STOCK UP! Limit 5 packs per customer.

Last edited:
do you remember the weight of the bags? I think it drops down to $9.99 for the 2 packs but I just opened the third to last bag last week.

They are the 18.6 Lb bags. Here in South Florida they are usually $20.00

That's what they were here at lowes today - I just ran out of charcoal with only about a half ring. I was at lowes and took a pass, thinking I had 1.5 bags left or so. Nope - just half a bag :(

Looks like I'll be running back in a minute.

Wait a couple of days. Just found this online. Plan to stock up at least until Memorial day. I think it goes on sale 04/01/16.

As a matter of interest, some stores do NOT post the sale price and you need to let them know that the website is offering the deal, I had to have them check before they honored the sale price. It was just an additional layer not a big hassle but, you do have to stand your ground.
I found this out a couple of weeks ago. They were nice enough about it but, I had to bring the failure to mark their stock to the front.
I will be glad to get outdoor furniture out of the garage so I can reclaim my charcoal storage spot! I lose it to my wife's flower pots when winter sets in. This year, I will be making some extra room. Grandkids have outgrown the kids Jeep. That will allow for storage of next winters stock!

Last edited:
Just picked up two doubles, will go back with my wife for another round. That will leave me with fifteen bags for the summer...well until Memorial Day anyway. I know it won't last the whole summer, what am I thinking!

Can't get Kingsford here in the U.K. The nearest option is the new Weber briquettes which are £11.99 for 8kg.

This converts to $34.12 for 32.57lb

Three times the price of the Kingsford offer.

Must be a business case to start importing Kingsford to UK and still make a profit?

Lowes has the double pack of 18 pound bags on sale 4-7/4-12 for $12.99. Black Friday sale for whatever reason.

M Morrill;
My local Lowe's has it, too:
lowes.com/pd_645223-308-4460031239_1z0wbkr__?productId=50330065&pl=1

Keep on smokin'
Dale53:wsm:

Is it bad that I've got 8 bags of blue and 2 bags comp (professional) 18.6-lbers and still feel like I should stock up some more? lol

Is it bad that I've got 8 bags of blue and 2 bags comp (professional) 18.6-lbers and still feel like I should stock up some more? lol

You got a fever, and the only prescription is more charcoal!

I ordered 2 packs ( only 2 limit) and threw a 10% code that I easily found by google. Came to $11.70 a twin pack.

Last edited:

Back