Char Q

To close the loop on the Sutherland Louisville, KY, new-in-box CharQ, I picked it up this morning.

Out of Sutherland's 50 stores across 13 states, this CharQ (DZ - 2008; yes I opened the box to verify that someone didn't replace the CharQ components with Char-Broil lava rocks) was the last to be sold by Sutherland, ~11 years after Weber discontinued its production.

SutherLandCharQPickup_RS.jpg

On the way back, I took the grill out for some NC barbecue.

StameysCharQ1_RS.jpg

StameysCharQ2_RS.jpg

While the Sutherland CharQ chapter comes to an end, there are others to pursue. (Hello, Ace Hardware.)

So, keep looking!

So, at first I thought you stopped along the way and fired up the CharQ. LOL. Anyway, what are your plans for it now?

So, at first I thought you stopped along the way and fired up the CharQ. LOL. Anyway, what are your plans for it now?
Lol, Bruce. That would've been more epic.

I don't know.

I don't need it and I sought it out for others on the forum.

I just spent two work days driving about ~1300 miles for this.

My better half tells me to keep it; I don't know.

I can sit on it for a few years and sell it.

Or offer it up for the next TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet as a raffle item?

Is there going to be another Upper Midwest Meet?

Last edited:
Lucky. I have been wanting one forever. Sadly money and my finding on never aligned. I saw one on craigslist years ago. Very used and they wanted near a 100 bucks more than the new ones cost. So still no char q.

Getting hard to find. I have one in my shed. I will have to refurb it and put it up for sale. It will probably go for a higher price than my last one and I will just sit on it if I have to. I paid $40 for it, so it should be a good ROI.

Back