Char Q cook

Long overdue cook. 3lb picnic hopefully I’ll get 4hrs from charcoal and wood load, 40 briquettes plus 3 wood chunks peach and maple View attachment 68834
View attachment 68835
View attachment 68836
View attachment 68837
View attachment 68838
View attachment 68840
View attachment 68839
Wrapped at 165 internal which took two hours to get to a little faster than I wanted but I didn't put in a water pan until an hour into cook! So temps were running around 300

Three hours into cook the grill temp has set in at 255 wish I had put in water pan at beginning of cook!

Last edited:
Nice! I like your equipment and your set up! I thought that was a PK360 at first. Weber DZ! That's the same year as mine! 2007 I think. Or 2008.

That's some creative cooking :coolkettle: . I have to admit I use my CharQ only for fast, high heat cooks, since I have a small collection of Weber kettles to do slower cooks. But you have come up with a way to make your CharQ go beyond. Hats off to you!

That's some creative cooking :coolkettle: . I have to admit I use my CharQ only for fast, high heat cooks, since I have a small collection of Weber kettles to do slower cooks. But you have come up with a way to make your CharQ go beyond. Hats off to you!
Thanks I probably do one more low and slow cook but like you I have too many kettles, wsm's to do true low and slow cooks! But if I was camping I know I can take this along with my gas Q and cook just about anything also I think if I had used the water pan in the beginning of cook I probably would have gotten 6-7 hrs from that load of charcoal and wood.

Back