Ceviche de Pescado ( Maribels recipe)

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Something different for my bbq and grilling friends. Maribel made this on Tuesday and it was great...

We started with 3lbs of tilapia. Chop it up and marinade in lime juice for 24 hours. For this we used 10 limes. Shake your bag or flip your plastic storage every couple of hours. We added a tbs
of fresh ground black pepper.

Chop up 1/4 onion and 3 tomatoes

Chop up 3 jalapeño

Chop up 2 cucumbers and 1/4 bunch of cilantro

This step is very important!!!!! Drain the lime juice and throw away. Then add this or clamato

Mix all Ingridients together and let them be happy for 1 hour. Add salt if necessary.

This is how we plate it.

Tostada add mayo... Yes mayo.
Then add your ceviche and top with avocado and tapatio sauce.

Thanks for looking.

Tony and Maribel

Looks wonderful! Wish I could get the Camaronazo up here, makes for some great Bloody Mary's

Great looking meal! I love Ceviche. It's interesting that we do it differently. After "cooking" it in the lime (we use key limes) we too get rid of the juice but do not use a tomato base juice for the finish. That sounds like it would really be delicious. Normally we just add extra virgin olive oil. We do octopus (blanched first) and bay scallops like that.

The ceviche looks superb, haven't seen it like that before. My complements to the chef

Hey John,

Have you tried Mrs. Kelly's ceviche at Pt. Loma Seafood? That was a favorite of mine when I lived there.

Back