CastIronSpatchcock

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
after smokin' another slab of bacon, beer was enjoyed while dinner was prepped

DSCN1362.JPG

yams horns in a cast iron skillet

DSCN1363.JPG

yardbird spatchcocked in a cast iron skillet seasoned with Penzey's Florida Pepper

DSCN1364.JPG

and on the 26" OTG

DSCN1368.JPG

apple and hickory wood for smoke flavour

DSCN1369.JPG

about an hour later, the meat temped at 180º so off it comes.

DSCN1371.JPG

cut-up and served with roasted Brussel sprouts and those candy tastin' yam horns

DSCN1373.JPG

Liz l♥ved the bird so i'll be using PNZYSFLAPEPPER again on shé~cone

DSCN1374.JPG

Thanks for visiting! Enjoy the weekend!

Beautiful Jim. We also love Penzey's Fl Pepper particularly on brussel sprouts. Did you put it on the veggies too?

Ray

Jim this meal looks outstanding! I am really curious though how did you cook the yams and sprouts? They look like they were done in cast iron too.

Awesome looking chicken. I would love to hear more about those "Candy Tastin' Yam Horns" It certianly sound delicious.

-rog

thanks folks:eek:

...Penzey's Fl Pepper... Did you put it on the veggies too?
Yes I did Ray

...how did you cook the yams and sprouts? They look like they were done in cast iron too.
I would love to hear more about those "Candy Tastin' Yam Horns"
Gary, Rog~ The yams were long and narrow so after peeling them, i just EVOO'd 'em & cut them in half and stood them upright in a small cast iron skillet. The sprouts were halved and roasted in the oven in an 8x8 Pyrex.

How was that Sam Adams? I've never seen that one!
Mike, the SA Maple Pecan Porter was very smooth, very nice! It came in a sampler twelve-pack called "SPRING THAW"... i have never seen it sold individually.

Love the chicken Jim.... Did you spray Pam or applied anything to the CI before you put the chicken?

Very nice. I want to try the penzeys. Raleigh is the closest I can find it.
Thanks for the pics.

That chicken looks terrific . Really nice looking meal. I cannot wait to spatchcock a bird myself....soon as it warms up a little!:wsm:

Looks outstanding. I never thought of using the CI for one. I always just use the grate. You have upped the game with that. I agree with Dave O on the 26"

Back