Cast iron pan

I bought a square cast iron skillet online and I’m trying to determine what it is. I’m thinking a BS&R or an unmarked Griswald

Attachments

• 49DE5891-8D6C-461B-8B75-42788148D84D.jpeg
    49DE5891-8D6C-461B-8B75-42788148D84D.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 42
  • C1D953EB-981D-4507-9F2E-767E1316559A.jpeg
    C1D953EB-981D-4507-9F2E-767E1316559A.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 43
Regardless of the make, clean and season it then put it on the grill and enjoy. I use several ci skillets and Dutch ovens of various make and have good luck with all of them.

I agree with Mike, get it seasoned up and get it going!
I don’t think it’s a Griswold either, they did better finishing on the inner part of their handle holes.
Maybe Indian?

Hey Bill, your signature says W.MI. But, the profile says “Northern”
Where are you? I’m in Kalamazoo.
I just posted something with some cast iron fire pit ideas, I’m just thinking about. No bearing on this but

It was the inside of the handle which makes me think this is “newer production”. The old ones were much more carefully finished as far as casting “flash”.
Most of my CI is old.

Yep, looks like you should have a pretty decent season with any luck. My family is spending the end of July north of Rogers City and am looking forward to getting away from as much as possible. Spending time nearer the beach, grilling and not doing jack!

Yep, looks like you should have a pretty decent season with any luck.

My brother has the family farm. As of the end of last week, he was anticipating an easy harvest, but late, a couple of weeks or so. If this was a normal time, fruit would have to be trucked in, and I suspect not from southern MI, but from out of state.

My brother has the family farm. As of the end of last week, he was anticipating an easy harvest, but late, a couple of weeks or so. If this was a normal time, fruit would have to be trucked in, and I suspect not from southern MI, but from out of state.
Yeah the cherry trees are just getting into full blossom

Washington and kalchick I probably know them

Back