cast iron issue

seems i'm at fault for overdoing the use of the vinegar. anyway, i cleaned and scrubbed it and then just wiped on
some pam to prevent the rust that starts within minutes. they were sold as cookware and the weight does say ci.
i will now sand them down a bit and then clean again and then season. then go from there. thanks again !

Ida tossed those dang things away on the first of July and looked for something else to clean...

I said toss 'em a few posts ago, as did Mike. Just get Lodge (only!) and get cookin' instead of wasting time on those things;)

Look, I spent big bucks on these things. 3 buck for both so by god I'm gonna make them work ! So what if they cost me hours and the cost of one lodge pot already. Since when do we make sense when rescuing a weber or some such ? No common sense need apply here !

The most important thing George, what ever floats your boat is what you should do. Just have fun with it.

Look, I spent big bucks on these things. 3 buck for both so by god I'm gonna make them work ! So what if they cost me hours and the cost of one lodge pot already. Since when do we make sense when rescuing a weber or some such ? No common sense need apply here !

George, I sure hope to hell you're not going to eat anything you cooked in those after waging chemical warfare with them. At least turn out the lights when you're done cooking something and see if it glows in the dark before eating it.

George, you started this fiasco... and we thought you were looking for opinions/options...
dude, keep'em. gift wrap them.
do what you like with them.

what's that line by Tommy Lee Jones to Harrison Ford in The Fugitive...?
Oh yeah:

Back