cast iron grates

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of months ago I purchased cast iron grates for my Performer and 18.5 OTS, and I can honestly say that I love them. The benefits of owning the CIGs certainly out weigh the little extra work you might have to do when grilling.

Originally posted by Gary McD:
A couple of months ago I purchased cast iron grates for my Performer and 18.5 OTS, and I can honestly say that I love them. The benefits of owning the CIGs certainly out weigh the little extra work you might have to do when grilling.

Couldn't agree more! I have used the CI grates on my performer for two years. Keep it well lubed with canola or pam and it is excellent for steaks, veggies, burgers whatever. Now I only use the wire grate for holding my pizza stone.

Barbecues Galore in Canada sells a cast iron grate for the 22.5" Kettle for $49.
Mike,
How do these look compared to the one from the Wolfpit and Craycort?
Any links or photos?

Well you can go in to www.imageshack.com

Select "browse" and pick the pic you wanna uppload on your hdd.

Then rezise to 800x600 or lower ofc

then press the "uppload" button

After that copy the "forum url" and paste it into your post

easy and simple no registration needed.

Hope that helped

That sounds easy Wolgast, let's see if this works. I can take a better picture tonight of the grate after work. This is just an older picture that I found in the meantime.

There's an outside ring on this grate. The middle circle piece comes out as well so you can add charcoal if needed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us]

...thinkin' of sellin' my 22"ers...
DSCN2274.jpg

Nope, not leadin' ya on, no teasin'... really think i'm gonna sell em...
well seasoned, how much should i ask?
really.

it's not like after 35 years i'm gonna stop grillin'.... just wanna sell my CIGs is all...

jim, curiouse why? i thought you loved them. not our business so don't have to answer but if there are issues with the ci then we would love to know. otherwise we will moob.

ok.... i'll tell ya why.
the other day, i was grillin' up something or other and liz asked me, "Have you used any of your other grills since you got the big brown one?"
...and i thought, .... no (with the exception of the converted 3-wheeler smoker), no i have not. Then I thought, I haven't grilled a steak on the CIGs since i got this 26"er.... what the h3ll have i've been thinking...?

So, not using the 22" CIGs butt IF I HAD 26" CIGs...
there you have it.
My explaination for thinking of selling my 22" CIGs.
end of story.
icon_biggrin.gif

Those are nice, I have been useing my small CI grate from my Smokey Joe when I need to sear. The thing is I really don't sear very often so I haven't committed to a real CI grate. I bet you could get a CI from a gasser and have your shop cut you a half grill for the 26. Even if it's two pieces it would be nice. I really like the 26 too. I think those will sell fast around here. Especially after you have cooked on them.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Shaun R: I think those will sell fast around here. Especially after you have cooked on them.
icon_biggrin.gif
ya think 75 if i clean em or 50 if i don't?
icon_biggrin.gif

Funny event taking place right now in the Town of Raymond, Wisconsin: From the Racine County (WI) police scanner:
9:49PM .... Many cows have broken free and are running along the roadway... Racine County Sheriff's department is trying to "round'em up" but "many are too fast and the darkness is playing against us"...
icon_biggrin.gif

One deputy was heard saying, "After tonight, i'll never drink milk again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back